Source for plastic molding clips for '64 Valiant Signet?

-

DV8

Reaction score
I need the 12 plastic rear window trim molding clips. The ones that go in the chrome trim that goes around the back window on a 1964 Valiant Signet.

I need to know if anyone has ever found any for sale, or if they have found a universal one that works.

I did a search and found an old thread that asked the same, but it was never resolved (in the thread anyway).

And yes...I've tried all the main sites that sell that type of stuff, and I couldn't find a listing for them, or for anything listed as working for that application.

I need to know if anyone found anything that actually held the trim on snug if the OEM stuff isn't available.

I've heard Au-ve-co Products might be my best bet, but their website is close to useless, and you need a commercial account to log in and see anything specific...their pdf won't download....

Thanks for any help....

Thanks....Looked through most of them....found the parts, but not for a '64 A-body. I would think that parts like those would interchange through different body styles....

If you found the parts...buy the parts. Nobody lists out each and every year, make, model, and body style application for every last little clip and fastener.

Yeah...I get that...but they listed the parts for B-bodies...not A's.

It's like if I needed a new front bumper...and a company listed new front bumpers for B and E bodies, I wouldn't buy it hoping it fit an early A-body.

I don't want to spend money on a bunch of parts that show up and are too big to fit in the trim piece.

They listed the part I need (if it were for a '64 Valiant) but not for my application.

There aren't that many different type of trim fasteners, and most places I looked did list every one they had....for later A, B, E, and some C-body's...just not for an early A.

I would think if they knew they would interchange with another group of cars, it would be listed in the description. I'm just trying to find out (after two days of searching online) if anyone knows of a source where they found them, or if they know of an interchange or universal part that will work.

If I don't find anything out on here...I'll just carry a piece of the trim around to different paint and auto body shops until I find something that works....

Thanks for the link.....

Try these guys, http://www.rtspecialties.net/ i've never dealt with them personally, but they appear to have a pretty good supply. I would also highly recommend a factory parts book, makes cross-referencing this sort of thing MUCH easier.

-
Back