Spade connector popped out -Help Please

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was looking at my wiring harness and noticed this connector had come out...ugh.
Brand new harness. ...
What is it and where does it plug back in???!!! LOL !
It ties into a part of the harness that goes back along the firewall to the passenger side.

Help?!

Jeff

20161228_082845.jpg

20161228_082855.jpg

By the way, I'd be happy to post other/better pictures if that helps...

Jeff

Edit: I noticed it is part of the wiper harness. .....

Jeff, I think I see the hole in the bulk head where it goes

no schematic? is it an OEM type/correct harness? you must have some things that aren't working - if all else fails you should be able to trace it back and forth and decipher what is what.. I'm with 318 on this one - that open slot in the bulkhead connector looks awfully suspect...

no schematic? is it an OEM type/correct harness? you must have some things that aren't working - if all else fails you should be able to trace it back and forth and decipher what is what.. I'm with 318 on this one - that open slot in the bulkhead connector looks awfully suspect...
Looks suspect to me too.....I guess I'll try it....
Fingers crossed!

Jeff

No...that empty hole isn't on the wiper harness connector. .....
It goes somewhere on the right hand connector. ..

Jeff

Do your wipers work?

If you're confident that it is part of the wiper harness, get your multi meter out, turn on ignition, turn on wiper switch and check the bulkhead for power.

To be sure you have the correct spot, turn the wiper switch off and check the same hole where you found power while it was on.

There appears to be an empty hole in the bottom right connector.

Do your wipers work?

If you're confident that it is part of the wiper harness, get your multi meter out, turn on ignition, turn on wiper switch and check the bulkhead for power.

To be sure you have the correct spot, turn the wiper switch off and check the same hole where you found power while it was on.

There appears to be an empty hole in the bottom right connector.

Thanks....I'll try that...'ol lady made me run to Home Depot lol....

Jeff

It looks like that spade is missing a "tab" on it that helps hold it in. You can get new Packard spades. I bought some when I did the MAD upgrade.

Once you find the correct terminal position (need wiring schematic), first pull off the connector - be careful not to snap off the locking ears. Push it in and pull from the other side w/ needle-nose and insure it clicks into place. Also, figure out why some gomer snipped off 2 wires on the right connector. Also, check that none of the female terminals on the bulkhead got pushed back. They also have a locking tab you can bend slightly. Most mechanics shouldn't be allowed to touch wiring, you see so many messes they make, without even asking the owner.

Ok....wipers work so it's not that...
Not an AC car...
The wire is black.....

Jeff

-
Back