Spark plugs and go!

-
I tried the ngks back in early 90. I didn't like em. They didn't last. Now champion as a mower plug? That's about right! If that... lol
My old Bultaco Pursang 250 would eat Champion plugs, NGK platinum plug solved the low speed loading. Mixture of hi-test and oil, non of them fancy injection for my race bike back in the mid 70's. lol

Champions are the only plugs that I've had Fall Apart. Auto lights are the only plugs that I've had seep cylinder pressure and show it by black sit along the porcelain where it meets the the metal body. Only Champions that have not failed were ones I bought for Volvos...
But I switched to bosch long ago.
NGK is a really good plug.
Which Bosch do you run?

I’ve only had problems with one plug: Autolite platinums. Blew out like a candle with anything over 20 psi in a DOHC 2.4, gapped em all the way down to .026 and same issue on cyl 2-3. Swapped to NGK and could bump up to .032 with no issues.

I swapped out my Autolites for Champions 10+ years ago. They are sill in there sparking away. It time for a tune up next spring and Champions will go back in. Wish me luck.
It's a tricky thing because if we were talking proform rockers or eagle crank shafts and everybody around us had the same rocker arms/eagle cranks and they started failing.. would we leave ours in and wear the t shirt/fly the flag...or would we gratefully accept the free lesson and swap'em out.
One things for sure.. "what works for thee might not work for me "
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Beats the hell outta me. There's "run what works" and then "If you don't run what I say, you're a blithering idiot". I mean seriously, it's spark plugs. It's not worth insulting people over.
I dumped my earlier post, about arrogance. Screw it. Life is Short Brother. And I ain't outta the woods yet. Trying to be a better Christian Man...a year ago, I'd have went off, lol

I dumped my earlier post, about arrogance. Screw it. Life is Short Brother. And I ain't outta the woods yet. Trying to be a better Christian Man...a year ago, I'd have went off, lol
It's tough.

I known you are More than Capable to hold Yer Own, but well, You know. I felt insulted by some comments. But screw it. I don't need ANY stress, friction, bad juju, negativity, or Black Marks from the Man Upstairs
Yeah. I already have enough to be forgiven for.

My old Bultaco Pursang 250 would eat Champion plugs, NGK platinum plug solved the low speed loading. Mixture of hi-test and oil, non of them fancy injection for my race bike back in the mid 70's. lol
Same issue I've always had with Champs. They may have came factory, but add a single plane, cam, more carb, worked heads, they get ate up in the street with low speed fouling. At least in my world. Lol

Same issue I've always had with Champs. They may have came factory, but add a single plane, cam, more carb, worked heads, they get ate up in the street with low speed fouling. At least in my world. Lol
Maybe I've been fortunate, I don't know, but I've never had any issues using Champion plugs.

Maybe I've been fortunate, I don't know, but I've never had any issues using Champion plugs.
I have ran em most of the Daily Driver Mopar Muscle cars I had, and in the 77 xclr. Maybe the wrong heat range for Tampa? Or just over cammed and carbed stuff in traffic.... they just never lasted for me. But, I ain't gonna fight about it! Lol I want Everyone's ride to run well with what they put in it. Here's the sick part. Went to grab plugs for the Duster bout 2 weeks ago. 40 bucks.... 100 for the ones they "recommended".. went to O'Reilly they had the IR autolites. For what the 64s were at auto zone. Everything's on hold right now anyway. It's a Blessing to keep the lights on! I figure I'll do the 2x4 across the jackstands toe in trick next time I get outside. Was Beautiful here, now it's warmed up, makes it hard to breathe.

Ngk v power vs. Champion rc12yc.
I don't see a specific question and nothing about engine build or what type application. Just a small block Mopar. Nothing else.
Just a lot of opinions based on everything but what this member might have.
Was there a more specific question in mind ?

Just my 2 cents. If I had to choose between the two, I would take the NGKs without hesitation. I use NGK & Autolite, but if the NGKs are on sale or something, I'll pick them. I've had nothing but bad luck with Champion plugs a few times years ago, (had major fouling issues with them in a couple of my Mopars) & have not used them since. I replaced them with Autolite plugs & the car ran fine. (I only changed the plugs & that's why I don't use Champion's anymore) Never have a problem with the NGK's, matter of fact, I'm putting a set of NGK V Power's in my 01 V-10 Ram soon.

I like the 5/8ths plugs vs 13/16ths for ease of installation with headers no matter what the brand I run them all based on whats available at the parts store in the correct heat range.

I have ran em most of the Daily Driver Mopar Muscle cars I had, and in the 77 xclr. Maybe the wrong heat range for Tampa? Or just over cammed and carbed stuff in traffic.... they just never lasted for me. But, I ain't gonna fight about it! Lol I want Everyone's ride to run well with what they put in it. Here's the sick part. Went to grab plugs for the Duster bout 2 weeks ago. 40 bucks.... 100 for the ones they "recommended".. went to O'Reilly they had the IR autolites. For what the 64s were at auto zone. Everything's on hold right now anyway. It's a Blessing to keep the lights on! I figure I'll do the 2x4 across the jackstands toe in trick next time I get outside. Was Beautiful here, now it's warmed up, makes it hard to breathe.

Just my 2 cents. If I had to choose between the two, I would take the NGKs without hesitation. I use NGK & Autolite, but if the NGKs are on sale or something, I'll pick them. I've had nothing but bad luck with Champion plugs a few times years ago, (had major fouling issues with them in a couple of my Mopars) & have not used them since. I replaced them with Autolite plugs & the car ran fine. (I only changed the plugs & that's why I don't use Champion's anymore) Never have a problem with the NGK's, matter of fact, I'm putting a set of NGK V Power's in my 01 V-10 Ram soon.
This response has nothing to do with the OP's original question but is a direct response to this statement about putting NGK in your 01 V-10 Ram.....I don't know what that year,make, model truck uses without looking it up but you would be wise and so would every other computer controlled car owner to just put the exact part number the manufacture recommends for a spark plug or engine oil or dozens of other things for that matter.....you have to make the computer happy and the easiest way is to follow simple published recommendations set by each manufacture.

Funny he told me that his car's were fast.
He tells everybody that and then you see the Hemi run 13's. That was 3 years ago maybe more since he's been at the track. He's a good wrench but he only knows one way and if it isn't his way....it's wrong

He tells everybody that and then you see the Hemi run 13's. That was 3 years ago maybe more since he's been at the track. He's a good wrench but he only knows one way and if it isn't his way....it's wrong
Yeah that's what hear.

-
Back