Spark plugs in a sb turbo set up.

-

kevin1969

Reaction score
What plugs and yall running? I have a 10 to 1 340 and plan on running low boost about 6psi for now and am not sure on the plugs I should use. It's a holley commander 950 tbi with a knock sensor and wide band o2 if that makes a difference thx!

I planning on using just a set of champion one step colder plug then after it's tuned switch to ngk iridium two step colder plug. On my srt4 neon with a 60-1 turbo i always ran ngk two step colder , runs great

Iridium with the proper heat range and gap. You'll need to experiment with your combo. Are you intercooled or use Meth a setup?

basic common sense......and a ton of horror stories.

Copper is a soft metal....and will burn in combustion.

Platinum is a precious metal and resistant to wear....

Iridium is even harder than platinum and resistant to wear...

The big question is......when you run into detonation....and you will, somehow one day,.....

Which spark plug....if detonated on excessively...would cause cylinder and even turbo damage?

Either the Platinum or Iridium......because the copper would burn up in the combustion as it left the cylinder.

Plus COPPER plugs are cheaper.....which means you can change them out, for less, anytime.

:farao:

* My recommendation for SBM and Boost is NGK - BPR7ES, BPR8ES, or BPR9ES......you'll find the sweet one with trial/boost level.
A stock 318/340 with 8.5:1, NGK recommended plug is a GR4 or GR5......

Good info thanks! I will definitely go with copper make a lot of sense I would rather change a plug then a piston.

-
Back