Speed gear?

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. My speedometer is off due to larger tires. I found new gears at year1 kinda costy. I hope to find the color I need at the yard later. But how can I foind out what gear I need? I know the different colors have different teeth count.
I have a stock 904, 8 1/4 rear with 3.21, and tire size is 225-60/15. Thanks for any help.

A 33 tooth gear is best for your set up, but a 32 will be close if that's all you can find. There are various charts and calculators on-line that you can use to determine the correct speedometer gear. Also, look for used gears in the For Sale section of FABO.

See if anyone around you(if you don't have one)has a Year One catalog. They print a chart with tire size,gear ratio, and number of teeth needed for different applications. You may even find it on line. Tranny companies like Passon,Cope,Brewer's etc. carry them. I know Passon has them for sure.New and used.

I got mine on ebay for $15. That's a lot better then the $80 the dealer wanted.

Thanks for all the help guys. I hope to find a used one. Year1 wants $115 and I didn't even think a dealer would still have them. Hope to have one soon. Even thou I can use the GPS I'd rather not have that on the windshield around town. Again, thanks for the help.

-
Back