Speedhut Gauges

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Anyone here own a set of Speedhut gauges? I just bought a set and Im excited to get them in. Im curious if they come with a wire harness of some sort?

I would like to see some pics of your set ups. Thanks

I bought a set for the new dash and wiring harness. Plans are for the spring to replace everything. I went with the gps speedo. Getting anxious!

I bought a set for the new dash and wiring harness. Plans are for the spring to replace everything. I went with the gps speedo. Getting anxious!

I didnt go with the GPS speedo just the regular one. I like the fact that you can customize them. Although mine was very simple and probably boring to most. I choose all black face and bezel, with white during the day and blue at night. I didnt want to do a ton of rewiring but I will be now! Im excited to get them! Oh and with the 20% off of them right now that is a great deal!

I like those, nice and tight and very customizable. Be interested in how they turn out for you. pictures. If you get the GPS speedo you wont be able to check your wheel speed during burnouts. LOL

Love my Speedhut stuff, their customer service is second to none. -pauly

Attachments

• 6-22-13 015_1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,284
  • IMAG0180.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,186
Pauly, what switches did you use for your headlight and wipers? Also where did you get the small lights for turn signals etc...

switches are standard GM based stuff available from painless and others, the little green LEDs for signal indicators and bigger amber LED for high beam indicator I got from radio shack. I should mention that I rewired the entire car with a 21 circuit kit from EZ Wiring so that I could run all the power stuff with a 140 amp alternator and not burn the car down. -pauly

switches are standard GM based stuff available from painless and others, the little green LEDs for signal indicators and bigger amber LED for high beam indicator I got from radio shack. I should mention that I rewired the entire car with a 21 circuit kit from EZ Wiring so that I could run all the power stuff with a 140 amp alternator and not burn the car down. -pauly

I have the same wire harness kit waiting to install. I didnt plan on installing it just yet, but it may be moved up on the list.. I'll check out Radio Shack for those lights, I have one close by. Curious what alternator you are using also.

I have the same wire harness kit waiting to install. I didnt plan on installing it just yet, but it may be moved up on the list.. I'll check out Radio Shack for those lights, I have one close by. Curious what alternator you are using also.

Powermaster GM style. I had the Powermaster 100 amp mopar style but it only lasted a year.

i just went to the site and noticed you can add your own logo. I see buying gauges with the mopar logo in the near future.

Getting closer to lighting up mine. Been waiting forever it seems to see them glow.

My son bought me my Speed Hut tachometer for my birthday and he DID customize the face plate (Mopar or No Car), had the gauge for 2 years now works perfect and I added the external shift lite that is mounted to my steering wheel.

Attachments

• tach.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,048
http://www.classicdash.com/shopping.../71-76/Scamp-/and/71-72/Demon/Drilled-Panels/

I nearly bought the redline panel, but i can't stand that their largest gauges are not centered above the column

Hopefully there quality is better than redline! I cant bring myself to spend that much on a ABS panel. Thanks for the link anyways.

Yeah considering I've owned them for over a year now!

Wow, you have to got to be itching for sure.. Im just excited to get mine here, that anticipation is getting to me.

I got my wiring to the point of testing the lighting. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the light intensity of the face lighting. The LED read out is bright, the needles are bright, but the back lighting just isn't up to snuff. I'm going to call speed hut Monday cause I'm not really pleased with this at all. Anyone else have this issue? They look OK in the pictures but sitting in the car with no lights in the garage, they should be putting out a more intense light IMO.

-
Back