speedmaster eliminator intake only 160 bucks new ?

-

modracerx

Reaction score
has anyone tried the new speedmater eliminator small block intake ? .... looks like a rpm air-gap knock-off ......cheap enough at 160 bucks shipped to your door ....need a dyno back to back with the airgap to prove its worth i guess ...speedmaster is the old pro-comp if that means anything ....i know a lot of guys love there heads when there done right ....

I want to say Ive seen someone use them on crate motors
cant find them now though

I'm assuming that's Chi-com and made outta gum wrappers?::pale:

You get what you pay for.
Peolple have had machining issues and porosity problems, it's a crap shoot. But Edelbrock intakes have had issues too.

has anyone tried the new speedmater eliminator small block intake ? .... looks like a rpm air-gap knock-off ......cheap enough at 160 bucks shipped to your door ....need a dyno back to back with the airgap to prove its worth i guess ...speedmaster is the old pro-comp if that means anything ....i know a lot of guys love there heads when there done right ....

Your best bet is to ask for people who actually owned one....that way you keep the sheepies from making the PC comments...

Mind fit just find...actually fit better then the Eddy AG on Eddy heads...

I wished Weiand made intakes for the magnum. I really am impressed with the action plus. idle - 6000 rpm's is hard to beat for the street. I had one on a 383, and I really like the one on my teen. I have the Eddy RPM air gap for my magnum, project still in process....

I am running a Speedmaster distributor in my Ford 351M. I splattered it all over the work bench when I got it. I am impressed. My understanding is that after ProComp changed to Speedmaster that a lot of upgrading took place in their products.

I had a Crosswinds 318-340-360 AirGap intake I got off Ebay.....was drilled for either LA or Magnum heads.....used for it for close to a year...with a Edelbrock 1406.

Fit good, looked good, ran good.....but..

I have had many different intakes on SBM's over the years....

73' 340 Thermoquad intake/carb setup screamed Awesome...I would rate it my #2 Favorite.

My Weiand X-celerator Single Plane, Holley Double Pumper is my #1 favorite.

I had one on my 5.2...wound up giving it to my brother for his 340. I had problems with coolant leaking into the oil, thought it was the intake sealing...I think the head gaskets were more at fault, but I'd heard the issues about poorly machined mating surfaces, so I just bought the Edelbrock intake and swapped the head gaskets--no more leaks. We put the crosswind intake on my brother's 340 and it didn't show any leaks until after we shut it down from the break in...no coolant in the oil, thankfully, but it did have a minor seepage coming from the front left corner.

I would buy another one if I needed one...and just mock it up before bolting it down, but that rule exists regardless of what you buy--always test fit first.

I thought you ran a skip white dizzy in there?

I did too.....but I went back and realized it was not a Skip White but a Speedmaster.

They are probably all about the same.......but from what I have read "supposedly" Speedmaster picked up the quality. Who knows?

You didn't state what your project is, or what motor. If it's an LA street motor, my vote is the Weiand action plus. Love the quality, fitment of the two I've had, and the results were as good as any....

i am starting to stock pile parts as they pop up for my next build ....picked up a new scat cast lightweight stroker 4" crank for 245.00 bucks ....thinking about taking up mike's offer he has on overstock bare pro comp heads for 340.00 ...guess i will be looking for a deal on some pistons next ....

Probe and DSS make good pistons for not a lot of money if you want forgings...KB makes some good pistons if you want to go hypereutectic

-
Back