speedometer connection to bezel

-

Lowfat37

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to remove my dash bezel in a 73 Duster with a standard bezel. Does anyone know if the speedo cable has a clip or button or if it screws in the back of the bezel? I don't want to break anything trying to remove it and I read in prior posts that removing the speedo cable shoud give me enough slack to remove the bezel and be able to disconnect the other wiring.
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you all.

IMG_5971.jpeg

On my '71 Demon w/standard bezel, I disconnect the speedo cable by leveraging with a flat screwdriver = the cable is simply clipsed into the bezel.
Reinstalling it can be painful as there's no room for the fingers and it's a little bit tricky to reach the connector.

Hi. I am trying to remove my dash bezel in a 73 Duster with a standard bezel. Does anyone know if the speedo cable has a clip or button or if it screws in the back of the bezel? I don't want to break anything trying to remove it and I read in prior posts that removing the speedo cable shoud give me enough slack to remove the bezel and be able to disconnect the other wiring.
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you all.

The speedo cable is held in place by a metal tab you have to press toward the cluster.
If you don’t have huge fat hands it can be released by reaching straight up through the column mounts.

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I got it and the entire cluster removed. Now working on identifying all the wiring.

-
Back