Speedway G-comp suspension

-
With the Torsion bars ,the TTI headers go under them so you can't raise the Transmission up in the rear. If they hang down your stuck with bad ground clearance.
Without them I was able to raise the rear up, to allow good clearance.I had the Hemi engine set in the car at first with stock K setup , I wouldn't have been surprised if there was going to be some problems with the torsion bars rubbing the headers.Things got tight in that area real quick
Also the torsion bar frame is very structural. with coil overs in the front you can cut it for clearance for larger transmissions, overdrive etc. TKO in this case . I have seen some of the factory rear torsion frames eliminated and thin fabricated ones put in for custom mounts and better clearance for exhaust.
These coil over setups with rack in the front just make it easier to build a street car with Engines and transmission that didn't come in them stock.

View attachment 1715009529

View attachment 1715009530
Is that a magnum force front end? Was it in the car when you purchased it or did you buy it separate?

Yes, Magnum force and Street lynx in the rear. It had all stock suspension when it was purchased.

What are the plans for wheels and tires...some Forgelines and 315s l think.

What are the plans for wheels and tires...some Forgelines and 315s l think.
No , this is more of a hot rod /restomod build . Its got 17's on it . I Love those Forgeline wheels , big dollar.

IMG_1316.JPG

-
Back