split bench backs??

-

19dart71

Reaction score
Okay, so I will be the first to admit that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I spent about a grand to get everything I need to redo my interior for my 71 swinger. But when I went to take of the old covers to be replaced I stalled out at trying to get the seat backs off of the split bench. Am I making it too hard? Or is there a trick to it? I'd love to get the interior in the beast, but I'm stuck. Thanks guys.

there is a push on retainer on the outside hinge or pivot point under the plastic hinge cover that you have to pry off with a screwdriver or other suitable tool. you will probably break it but replacements are readily available at hardware stores. then the backs should just pull off pulling outward

there is a push on retainer on the outside hinge or pivot point under the plastic hinge cover that you have to pry off with a screwdriver or other suitable tool. you will probably break it but replacements are readily available at hardware stores. then the backs should just pull off pulling outward

First post on the board and it's advice! Cool, thanx hepcat!

-
Back