splitfire plugs

-
Run a small shop and every car that has them in it is misfiring....
Back to work.
TXDart

Pros - they have great marketing and they look cool.
Cons- they have great marketing, they are usually more money, and they do not help at all.
Don't bother with them IMO.

Use the proper standard plug for your application. All a plug can do is spark and start the explosion. Nothing more.

The thing about this miracle horsepower improvement stuff is car companies spend billions developing cars and if a $50 dollar gadget would improve mileage/power even 5% let alone the 10 to 20 percent they claim they would be putting this stuff in every car. I would save them a fortune.

Never saw that much marketing to the car guys... But I seem to remember tons of advertising in motorcycling over the years. Also seem to remember way back when they first came out a number of ground electrodes falling off... Big marketing, sponsoring in motocross.
Been running the single ground electrode bosch platinum plugs for years in my cars, and usually NGK in my bikes (let the tirade begin)...:wink:

My neighbor blew up his snowmobile because the ground electrode came apart. Splitfire bought him a new engine. NGK is what I recommend. Champions used to be the plug of choice on Mopars but the quality isn't there any more. toolman

-
Back