-
IMG_7074.jpeg
IMG_7073.jpeg

Where is everyone!

Looks like a Superbird and red Daytona showed up a little later

439053679_10229398320995929_2813697123656605594_n (1).jpg

2024-04-18_22-23-39.jpg

Where is everyone!
we're up the street at the safari room having gin martinis and steak dinner... before getting back to doing brakes, axle seals and last minute carb adjustments!

(and cleaning, organizing, tagging and loading parts)

And, we're here. Sold a few things this afternoon. Talked to a bunch of people. It'll be nice to not be sitting in line in the morning.

20240419_143240.jpg

loaded(ish) and ready to rock!

1XGCefal.jpg

see you mobsters in a few hrs.

now to grab a cat nap

I was looking at that earlier today. Scheduled Production Date two days after my wife's '68 convertible, but at a different plant. Red letters like my wife's car had originally as well. Plus the side stripe.

Aww man that was you? I was talking to you about that. Wish I would have known and formally introduced myself.

I was looking at that earlier today. Scheduled Production Date two days after my wife's '68 convertible, but at a different plant. Red letters like my wife's car had originally as well. Plus the side stripe.
It was nice to talk to you today @Jim Lusk. Glad to hear your son Jeff is doing well.

Ian

back to the top secret villain lair after a successful day of slinging junk high quality previously owned auto parts.

sun was out and people were mostly buying. after picking up his pre-ordered spindles @Turbo440Dart tried to woo my rear end with a dance of the sexual nature, but alas, 3.55 & 3.91's required cold hard cash. or at least some money in my only fans account. @TT5.9mag graced us with his company and we geeked out about my big dumb truck. thank you for the compliments! @Jim Lusk cruised by and chewed the fat for a bit while making his rounds. always cool to catch up and talk cars with ya jim! @Cuda Al cruised by with @mvh and shot the breeze for a bit, it was great seeing you both! @Powerflite was trolling the swap and snagged some tasty 50's stuff for his large bodies-- he resisted any attempt to twist his rubber arm and buy more a-body things and stuffs. @Dr. Bob made an appearance and it was awesome to see you; a gentleman and a scholar as always! @DARTGAME nice to put a face to the name! i was a pleasure talking with you. the fresno contingent showed in force-- it was awesome talking to you guys as always and hopefully the parts you scooped up will work for what you need!

i know i'm forgetting some folks, so i apologize in advance!

time to relax and get ready to do it all over again tomorrow!

Besides my wonderfully boxed spindles from @junkyardhero, someone left a gift in my dart while walking the swap meet section. I’ve been trying to buy these wheels for YEARS at the fling. The original owner of the wheels finally brought them down from Lompoc and left them in my car. He refused to take even a penny for them and shared stories of the cars he’s had them on and some of the adventures they’ve been through. Fenton Gyro’s and stories from a lifetime of ownership made the whole show for me.

IMG_7679.jpeg

6A2EBC60-4E9F-47FC-8787-BCC6982759BA.jpeg

Occasionally even a blind squirrel finds a nut. I’ve wanted wide MP valve covers for a few (20) years and found some today as I was walking to my truck at the end of the day. Couldn't get my money out fast enough.

Guy had a R-block std bore with crank. Crank looked billet. But guy didn't have specs or info. Didn't have extra head bolts. Never used stored damp place had surface rust everywhere. Also had ported W-8 or 9 heads and rockers. Didn't know what they were worth. Buddy told him to ask $2500

Seller said he wanted to sell all as package with roller lifter and rockers. IMHO who wants to be stuck with someone else specific cam selection and other specific parts.

Or he said he'd just build it and sell it running cause he was a engine builder.... :rolleyes:

Then he said he only thing he sold was a valve cover. :realcrazy:

Last edited:
Guy had a R-block std bore with crank. Crank looked billet. But guy didn't have specs or info. Didn't have extra head bolts. Never used stored damp place had surface rust everywhere. Also had ported W-8 or 9 heads and rockers. Didn't know what they were worth. Buddy told him to ask $2500

Seller said he wanted to sell all as package with roller lifter and rockers. IMHO who wants to be stuck with someone else specific cam selection and other specific parts.

Or he said he'd just build it and sell it running cause he was a engine builder.... :rolleyes:

Then he said he only thing he sold was a valve cover. :realcrazy:

You sir have me flat impressed after today. I’ve never seen anyone power walk/run and take clear photos in the process. I believe you did a 4 minute lap through the car show and took photos of everything. :rofl:

You sir have me flat impressed after today. I’ve never seen anyone power walk/run and take clear photos in the process. I believe you did a 4 minute lap through the car show and took photos of everything. :rofl:

1713671675717.png

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

Steve does that every year...

We're probably gonna put the parts away early in the morning (around 9) and head back out to the show. We'll hang out a little longer.

Steve is a serious Get it done kinda guy... He talks fast, he walks fast & he keeps focused on the task...

-
Back