spring relocation ?

-

2 fast z28

Reaction score
hy guys just bought my spring relocation kit from pst couple of questions first i went on bigblockdart.com read through the instruction they had on there and one thing that didnt seem right was the rear end pinion angle what should it be set at, second they also talked about the rear shackles and using one of the existing hole in the rear frame but they said that u would need longer shackles so were should the hole be then, the last question is that i also just bought my rims and tire the rears are 295/50/15 with a 4.5 inch back spacing on rim will these tires fir in the wheel well or do i have to center the rear end in the wheel well if so whats the best way of doing this

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/springs.shtml these?

Seems pretty clear to me, an option for the rear, use sliders:

http://autoplicity.com/products/106...o1&network=g&gclid=CM-v1_Ovh7UCFSFyQgodPHEA1A

medium.jpg

Here is an article on pinion angle, one of many:

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/91758/

The BS on those rims sounds about right. Only one way to find out, fit em' in there before you zap down the spring perches while your setting the pinion angle.

does anyone else have input on centering the rear end in the wheel housing and will i be able to fit the tires that i listed above without doing the min tub?

i'm pretty sure our drivetrains are offset to the right(passenger's) side by 1" or maybe 1.5"

the axle tube is shorter on the passenger side than the driver's so that the axle housing ends actually end up the same distance from your fenders... the housing ends are centered on the car, even though your rear is over to one side slightly

the rear pinion angle is like 5 degrees... you should email doctor diff (Cass) he will help you get it right

his email and phone are on his website doctordiff.com

good luck

i'm pretty sure our drivetrains are offset to the right(passenger's) side by 1" or maybe 1.5"
the axle tube is shorter on the passenger side than the driver's so that the axle housing ends actually end up the same distance from your fenders... the housing ends are centered on the car, even though your rear is over to one side slightly

Negative!!!

Axle shafts are the same length left to right, no offset!

As for the 295's, your going to need a mini-tub to make those work. The 295's are pretty much the exact same width as the stock wheelweels at their widest point, and of course the wheelwells taper upward so I don't think that's going to be happening.

As far as the backspace, with the springs moved in you'll need more than 4.5" of backspace with that size tire. You can run 4.5" of backspace with the stock springs in place, if you could run 295's like that everyone would have them. After all, you're moving the springs 3" inboard, you need more backspace to take advantage of that space.

How wide are those rims?

the rims are 15x8 so if i would run a 275 60 15 would that fit with these rims with out mini tub, if i were to to the mini then can i run the 295s?

-
Back