Spring relocation

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
Hey guy's , I'm doing the spring relocation mini tub upgrade on my 69 dart, just a quick question to anyone who has done the spring relocation kit, I'm coming up with 36" center to center on the perch mounts, does that sound right to you guy's? I measued center to center on frame and got 36". I'll post pic's as I go with progress, and a big thank's to Bob, Backally for all the help today!

Thanks Jeff

View attachment IMG_1277.jpg

View attachment IMG_1279.jpg

View attachment IMG_1280.jpg

You can't do a spring relocation in the fall, you must wait for spring for it to turn out right...

weld the perches on last. get it all done. then bolt up the rear and check side to side with tires on and even it up. then rotate the rear to get the correct pinion angle for your rear suspension set up. tack it in place then remove it and weld them up. Any other way is half assing it.

You can't do a spring relocation in the fall, you must wait for spring for it to turn out right...

Yeah, right? I've been procrastinating this project for 5 year's now, figured i'd get it done faster if I am getting pushed by cold weather coming LOL!

weld the perches on last. get it all done. then bolt up the rear and check side to side with tires on and even it up. then rotate the rear to get the correct pinion angle for your rear suspension set up. tack it in place then remove it and weld them up. Any other way is half assing it.

Yeah your prolly right, I'm just going to take them in place. I was going to do them one side at a time, leaving the old perch in place, I figured that way my pinion angle would be exactly the same, I don't see how it could change with the rear end clamped down. The tire diameter is almost the same, so ride height should be right where I had it, and liked it.

-
Back