springs and shocks

-

dropshot1

Reaction score
thanks to everybody for all the previous help on this forum ,it is great! I have just purchased some ss springs and am waiting for them to come in at the local dealer.can anyone tell me how much they will change my ride height over factory?aswell since I am changing the springs I was wondering about my shocks,i don't even remember what I put in when I put em in about 15 years ago, any reccomendations for a mostly street/ rare track occasion car. my ride is a 70 swinger. is it even worth changing the shocks or should I wait and see?

thanks to everybody for all the previous help on this forum ,it is great! I have just purchased some ss springs and am waiting for them to come in at the local dealer.can anyone tell me how much they will change my ride height over factory?aswell since I am changing the springs I was wondering about my shocks,i don't even remember what I put in when I put em in about 15 years ago, any reccomendations for a mostly street/ rare track occasion car. my ride is a 70 swinger. is it even worth changing the shocks or should I wait and see?
OLD IMPERIAL SHOCKS ARE LONGER, AND IS WHAT CHRYSLER USED TO RECOMMEND.

wow, see what I mean , this site is awesome! I didn't know that ,and will have to purchase shocks now, thanks so much

If I may add this, and get your view on it.
I have two new sets of HD Imperial Shocks, but they are very hard to extend (easier to compress) One would like them to work more like the front shocks, and not bind against the leaf springs when lifting the chassis?
Or is it the power of the leaf springs simply do the jobb, stubborn shocks or not...
Another set, not HD and cheaper stuff, extend on there own, but are maybe to loose?
This is a Nostalgia Racer, not for the street .
Thank you.

-
Back