Squeaky Front End

-

LJS30

Reaction score
Even though my front end received a rebuild about five years ago my front suspension is squeaky upon articulation. What could be the issue? (74 Dodge Dart)

spray wd 40 at the bushings ( most likely UCA's)

rubber or poly?

did it just start or is it just getting to you after 5 years :)
poly bushings? been raining alot?

Use a non petroleum based lube (sound familiar?) on the lower and upper bushings as well as the sway bar bushings, thats about all that rotates.

to see if the bushings are the problem - spray with WD first

Check The torsion bar sockets, might be out of lube or dry. Had a squeeky problem before and i just did a torsion bar change on my dart found out their was no grease in it before but dry as hell, greased it all up when i put the other torsion bars in that noise went away.

Does the car squeak if you just push down on the fenders? Spraying WD 40 on your rubber bushings will dry them out and lead to an early failure. Spray a non petroleum based lubricant or even water on the upper control arm bushings. Push the car down and rock it...if the noise goes away, the rubber in the bushings most likely broke and is causing the squeak. Either keep them lubricated (which usually doesnt work) or change them out. Make sure you drop the car onto the ground before you tighten the upper control arm bolts after installing the bushings. Tightening them with the car jacked will cause the rubber inside the bushings to twist when let back on the ground and will break them, causing the same annoying squeak.

-
Back