SRT Exhaust manifold down pipes??

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
What are you guys doing for cat free manifold down pipes? I was looking through the Walker catalog and could not find big enough 2 bolt flanges. I saw some online but unsure if they would work and did not come with the pipe.
What are you guys using? Is there a part number for easy access or are you just having a muffler shop make them? I just need the flange and about a foot of pipe for now to weld an O2 bung into and test fire the motor. The manifolds I have are 3" pipes.
This is the manifolds I am using:
111_106.jpg

I have some flanges I can cut off my downpipes there's maybe 6in of pipe tho
I tried to PM you James Gallup, but it says you inbox is full.

Mario, thanks for the link, I was kinda hoping to be a little less, price wise to just chop it up.

Last edited:
James Gallup, how much to cut the down pipes and mail the 6"ish downpipe with the flanges to me in Laurens, NY 13796?

Why not go to a local exhaust shop? They would probably have something or at least be able to fab something that works well enough for a test-fire.

Two plain steel 3" pipes with a ~30 degree compression bend and one end swaged along with two flanges... I know the exhaust shop down my street would charge around $50 for all that. JMO you won't find anything pre-made online for that cheap.

EDIT: Maybe add a few bucks to have the O2 sensor bungs installed lol

Does anyone know if those will fit a newer hemi to a a body swap? I'm Tryin to see if I can use the low budget approach on this before I take on a conventional 440 or 400 swap. Thanks.

The 6.1 Jeep manifolds can be made to work with the RMS altercation suspension but I am not sure if they would work with the conversion mounts on an existing K member. The LX (charger, challenger, 300) will not work because the angle of the exhaust exit puts it right into the firewall.

I think I'll stick with the 400/440 swap. More bang for your buck. Lots more power and less trouble.

Works... That's why I asked here 1st. Before I wasted my money on a high tech therory that wasn't meant for me. Just checking options. Seems like that's the most powerful,least expensive route even with building a new engine. Other research backs that up too.... Imo

-
Back