SS/AH Record E.T.

-

sscuda

The best there is, the best there ever will be.
Reaction score
All,

FYI

Daniels went 8.33 @ 159 mph in his '68 Hemi Dart last weekend at the Dutch Classic.

During the course of the event he dropped the times as low as 8.284 @ 159.53 mph. No record because he did it in eliminations.

The finals were all Ray Barton H.P. Son David in a '68 Barracuda and Daniels in a '68 Dart.

It looks like Mr. Barton has got a handle on the legal SS/AH hemi motors again.

The Westcotts I believe were "no shows" as they weren't mentioned in the article.

Just thought I'd share.

sscuda

Its Amazing How Fast These Things Are Going. Think About It, Bob Glidden's 1979 Championship Pro Stock Plymouth Arrow Only Ran 8.40's.

Yup.........It's a very Hemi, I mean Happy Day! Great to see these Hemi's tearing up the tracks! :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Didn't Daniels run an 8.27 in the morning?

Heard Barton got a former Nascar or P/S engine guy on board for R&D and it appears to be paying off.

Insane how fast these cars are running.

Didn't Daniels run an 8.27 in the morning?

Heard Barton got a former Nascar or P/S engine guy on board for R&D and it appears to be paying off.

Insane how fast these cars are running.

All,

Daniels was running 8.20's pretty much all through the elimination rounds.

The 8.33 was recorded during qualifying. That's the number NHRA is putting in the record books.

sscuda

For the record, We, the mopar family have lost another...racer/engine builder and a great man. Dean Nicopolis has passed away. Details to follow.

All,

Daniels was running 8.20's pretty much all through the elimination rounds.

The 8.33 was recorded during qualifying. That's the number NHRA is putting in the record books.

sscuda

That seems almost backwards from how it should be.
I would think E.T.s during eliminations would be more "important".
When the pros break a record during eliminations it counts. :-k

I agree............!!!

Sometimes NHRA has some strange rules. (LOL)

Mr. Daniels finally got his 8.29 sec. @160 m.p.h. in the record books a few weeks back at the last AH race.

All his runs were 8.20's during the course of the event.

I'm sure Ray Barton is very pleased.

-
Back