SS Cuda from Woodstock, ON

-

sscuda

The best there is, the best there ever will be.
Reaction score
Hello Folks!!!

I guess I had better introduce myself.

I've been around long enough to own (new) many 60's & early 70's muscle cars. Most all of them were B body Mopars. I sold my '64 max wedge car 3 or 4 years ago. I still miss it today. I had a '70 340 Duster and '69 340 Dart.

I just moved to Woodstock, ON from the Motor City (Windsor not Detroit). I can see the flack coming now. (LOL) .....All this thanks to the domestic 3 meltdown.

The kids are all gone. The wife and I are just starting to enjoy ourselves. We both drive new Chrysler products as personal vehicles. My company car is a domestic brand X. I don't allow rice in my driveway.

I have a new construction legal NHRA SS/AH '68 Cuda that just got out of the chassis shop last week. I've got a few metal fabrication items to finish up on the chassis. I'll be smoothing the body and painting it over the winter.

If the funds allow it, I'll have FHO build a monster motor for it this spring. Yes, it will be a real Hemi (more flack coming!!) . I hope to have it on a drag strip somewhere later in 2010. No, we won't be competing in the NHRA SS/AH class. I'll be attending a few CC Events and maybe some local Mopar Days events at TMP or GB. This is only a "fun" thing for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your threads. I haven't got to the tech stuff or classifieds yet.

This is a great site, thanks for letting me join!!!

Best Regards to all,

Al

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the web.
I think the only flack you will get over the hemi is because we don't have one! Keep the progress pics flowing we love them, they inspire us to get off our butts and work on ours.
Bruce

For a lot of these A bodies, mine included, Windsor is the "Motor City."
You know what I mean!

Welcome to FABO! 8)

Thanks guys!!

I knew when I posted my intro that this was going to be one of the questions.

I think I have a few digital pixs from the chassis shop owner. I'll dig them up and post them. FYI - the chassis shop is Mailloux Chassis in Belle River, ON. It's a great place and Andre's work is "automotive art".

My youngest gave me a digital camera a few weeks ago. I'll see what I can do this weekend for more recent pictures.

Regards,
Al

.........Welcome to FABO Al...............sounds like u have a great car in the making................kim..............

Welcome to the site Al,from another A-bodie Cannuck!Looking forward to seeing your project.I also run at TMP(for the fun of it)Next year I,ll be there in a 1966 Dart,so hope we get a chance to meet up!Enjoy!!

Pettybludart,

Thanks, I hope to be out racing next year too! I'm sure we'll meet up.

I'm dating myself again. I haven't been to TMP since the early 70's. I have been to GB a couple of times over the last 5 years. I raced my NSS /B almost entirely in the U.S. The CC Events tour and MOPAR Nats were a good time. I made a lot of friends over there. Great people too!

I'll get the pictures out as soon as I can.

Regards,
Al

Welcome to FABO Al !Has anyone said anything about..........

:worthles: J/K

Welcome again!:happy10:

Welcome abourd Al. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your ride. Probably my favourite 60's drag car is a big tire 68 Barracuda with a hemi, nothing looks tuffer 8) I just sold my 63 Belvedere Max Wedge clone car this summer to concentrate on 53 Henry J gasser I race, oh and to pay some bills too](*,)I did pickup a 68 Barracuda coupe though to work on this winter for a family cruise night car so that should keep me out of trouble8)
I have never herd of that chassis shop, sounds like they do good work though. You must know Booker and Kevin from Karbelt then?? A hemi by FHO would be killer, wish I had the bread to get one done by him. A buddy of mine has a 588 hemi done by him in his Willys gasser, Gone Berzerk. Car goes like stink and is dependable as all hell. He does not lift the hood all year long at the races.
Anyway good luck with the project and keep us posted.

:cheers:
Derrick

OK, OK, here they are!!!!

The pictures were taken last March, about half way through the build process.

As I said in a previous email I'll take more pictures of the car on Saturday. I have to pull it out of the trailer first and I need help to do that.

Enjoy!!

Regards,
Al

Al Dingman 002.jpg

Al Dingman 003.jpg

Al Dingman 004.jpg

Al Dingman 006.jpg

Al Dingman 007.jpg

Al Dingman 008.jpg

Al Dingman 011.jpg

Al Dingman 014.jpg

Al Dingman 015.jpg