SS Spring Advice

-
I didn't think there would be enough spring wrap in the SS springs for the snubber to even come into play.

I was rereading the early '70s version of the Direct Connection Bulletin (at http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/rearsusp/14.html). They suggested running manual cars with 0" of snubber clearance and automatics with 1-2". So apparently with hard enough launch, they thought it useful.

They also wrote that pre-loading could cause hop. However my co-worker told me he started running 0" or slight preload with his auto (but Reverse Manual Shift) after he broke axles. Next question, and I don't remember, is what springs he was running on that car ('67 GTX). My guess is early factory SS springs. Again, I'm not saying zero clearance to the snubber is needed, but for some situations it can be useful. I know its helped me , but I wasn't using SS springs so not really relevant to the question.

Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to reset the U-Bolts and springs as per the advice on here and see how it all pans out.

-
Back