SSBC Discs to keep your 14" Rallye Wheels

-
Yeah 14 inch sbp ralley wheels ... but i do not think with 14 inch sbp steel wheels ... many threads on this subject here... i have inquired here and there seems to be a caliper to steel wheel interference when converting ... so i located kelsey hayes originals and will install in spring

Yeah 14 inch sbp ralley wheels ... but i do not think with 14 inch sbp steel wheels ... many threads on this subject here... i have inquired here and there seems to be a caliper to steel wheel interference when converting ... so i located kelsey hayes originals and will install in spring

"rotors available with both 4- and 4 1/2-inch bolt circles"

Read more: http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...c_brake_conversion/viewall.html#ixzz2KBziVKsq

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/mopp_0702_disc_brake_conversion/photo_15.html

Anyone know what the setup costs?? Looks like a nice setup.

$997. Plus shipping if you have 10" drum brakes. If not, add a pair of 10" drum spindles to the tab. Lots of ways to do the same thing for a lot less......

This is what i used, the kit is very complete, and I'm happy with the way the car breaks. The stock 14" steel spare rim fit over the disc's with no problem. I'm running 14" X 5.5 ralley rims onthe front.

Attachments

• brakes1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 251
  • brakes2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 259
That llooks like a good option but the cost is almost what Mopar Charlie charges for the BBP brake conversion that I thik includes the UCA/upper ball joint, big ball joint spindle, and the brakes. His set up is $1050 plus shipping from FL or wherever.

That llooks like a good option but the cost is almost what Mopar Charlie charges for the BBP brake conversion that I thik includes the UCA/upper ball joint, big ball joint spindle, and the brakes. His set up is $1050 plus shipping from FL or wherever.

BBP is good except it puts the wheel and tire out further. my 2 cents

Stock steel wheels fit over these disc's. Some earlier 14" drum only rims don't fit. I think they made two different types of steel wheels. The 14" steel wheels that were on my Barracuda would not fit over the SSBC disc brakes. The stock 14" spare rim from the 71 Demon fit over the brakes. I never checked to see if the spare rim is a Chrysler rim or not.

Stock steel wheels fit over these disc's. Some earlier 14" drum only rims don't fit. I think they made two different types of steel wheels. The 14" steel wheels that were on my Barracuda would not fit over the SSBC disc brakes. The stock 14" spare rim from the 71 Demon fit over the brakes. I never checked to see if the spare rim is a Chrysler rim or not.

Hmm all a little confusing but as long as things are fine with 14" ralleys I'm pleased :)

I just ordered the A153 SSBC Kit from AutoAnything...shipped to my door..$900...Also called tech guys at SSBC to make sure it would work with my Cragar SS Classic Wheels.... 14x6...They guarantee it will work fine or my $$ back...so did AutoAnything. Can't wait to get the kit!!

-
Back