SST/Keisler Automatic OD Fitment

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
For everyone that has this transmission, I'm curious as to what they did with their torsion bar crossmember. I've searched through many threads but have only come across one with pictures. I'm looking to see what people did (pictures) and how the crossmember has been holding up since.

I just finished the install of the significantly smaller 200R4 in my '68 Barracuda, and I had to modified the driver's side cross-member, but not the floor itself. It is now significantly stronger than it was stock, and it's tucked up in the tunnel with great driveline angles.

I would imagine that most of the crossmember would have to be removed for the larger GM transmission that takes more power to drive.

I just finished the install of the significantly smaller 200R4 in my '68 Barracuda, and I had to modified the driver's side cross-member, but not the floor itself. It is now significantly stronger than it was stock, and it's tucked up in the tunnel with great driveline angles.

I would imagine that most of the crossmember would have to be removed for the larger GM transmission that takes more power to drive.

I actually followed your install. Very well documented. I would love to go with a 200R4 but I came across this setup for cheap money. If I went with the 200R4 I would want one from extreme automatics. Pricey but the best builder.

-
Back