Stainless window trim fits poorly

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i have been avoiding this for months. I have a decent st of windshield trim and I tried snapping it in an the fit is so shocking bad a had to walk away from it for the night.
I need to now find the proper removal
Tool and try to figure what the hell is happening. New clips and glad gasket from Dante’s.
C2E3C40E-37DE-449F-8D66-2C98B80D5AFE.jpeg
36699980-7015-4BCF-B681-AA22D7F90151.jpeg
39ED16A9-1BEB-47F8-8B28-A5008060209F.jpeg

The clips for middle ones on the bottom are different from the outer ones are they not?

Yes the Center clips on the bottom are slightly larger. But the fitment issues are in the corners and the fact that the trim does not fit tight to the gasket

I can only guess that you have the wrong clips.

I can only guess that you have the wrong clips.
I had the same issue with mine. Installed new Steel front seal (fit great). Had glass installed. Trim fit terrible. Took glass back out. Used the clips labeled for back glass. Glass back In. Trim fit very good. I hat front clips from 3 venders all labeled for front glass. All were different, and none were correct.

Some of the clips can be moved slightly, and it looks as if I may be able to swap out most of them with the glass in.
As you can see in this pic, the screws included are not stainless steel and they are more of a rounded head than the originals.
Going to get a trim removal tool, an assortment of clips and some new stainless steel screws.
My glass is an original 1974 piece that I am not thrilled about the idea of removing it....
58043.jpg

I am having trouble with my trim fitting properly too. I had my original trim straightened and polished. I got the windshield gasket and clips from Just Mopar in a kit. All the clips looked the same and were the same size as the originals. I had a local glass shop install windshield, gasket and trim. Trim doesn't fit well. Glass guy thinks trim clips should be installed with rivets, not the provided screws. He also thinks the clips should be smaller in some positions ?
Frustrated !

I am having trouble with my trim fitting properly too. I had my original trim straightened and polished. I got the windshield gasket and clips from Just Mopar in a kit. All the clips looked the same and were the same size as the originals. I had a local glass shop install windshield, gasket and trim. Trim doesn't fit well. Glass guy thinks trim clips should be installed with rivets, not the provided screws. He also thinks the clips should be smaller in some positions ?
Frustrated !

I think the gaskets are a tad smaller in profile and the clips are a bit too big. Don’t let it get to you. I’m going to take mine off and experiment with different clips here and there....

I think the gaskets are a tad smaller in profile and the clips are a bit too big. Don’t let it get to you. I’m going to take mine off and experiment with different clips here and there....
I have bought 2 sets of clips. The last ones from classic industry. None look like the stock ones. I checked other cars at a so cal mopar wrecking yard and they are the same as mine but the glass installer wants new clips.
Where can I get the correct clips for a 1970 Duster

Some of the A-Bodies used a clip that I will post a picture of. Not exactly sure if they ran into the 70 year model run, but I have sold numerous of these clips for the 68 and 69 windshield clips. Do you happen to have an original clip that you could post a picture of?

Dart_Windshield_Clip_1A.jpg

Some of the A-Bodies used a clip that I will post a picture of. Not exactly sure if they ran into the 70 year model run, but I have sold numerous of these clips for the 68 and 69 windshield clips. Do you happen to have an original clip that you could post a picture of?

View attachment 1715156251
I don't know how to post a photo but I can text one if you can give me a number.
The ones in your photo appear to look like it but the phots not to good
The car is an early 1970 built in december of 1969.

I don't know how to post a photo but I can text one if you can give me a number.
The ones in your photo appear to look like it but the phots not to good
The car is an early 1970 built in december of 1969.
I tried to find the clips in you photo on your site & couldn't

I have just sent you my contact information that you can send the picture to.

-
Back