stalling problem

-

71dartdemon

Reaction score
Looking for some advice. '71 Dart slant 6 225 stalls after it gets up to speed when I let off on the accelerator like it gets starved for fuel. New fuel pump, and always starts right up. Also stalls after hard breaking and when gets warmed up, stalls when the choke opens too much. I have had to wire the choke mostly closed to get it to run continuously. Any thoughts?

Vacuum leak, welcome to this great site 71dartman, if you would post this in the slant 6 Forum you will get more help, Doing this will help our Staff/Administration folks from having to move it there.
Enjoy and take a look around and I enjoy the search button on top of this page. It took me awhile to learn it, but well worth the time :hello2:

stalling problem

That's known as Procrastination...

Looking for some advice. '71 Dart slant 6 225 stalls after it gets up to speed when I let off on the accelerator like it gets starved for fuel. New fuel pump, and always starts right up. Also stalls after hard breaking and when gets warmed up, stalls when the choke opens too much. I have had to wire the choke mostly closed to get it to run continuously. Any thoughts?

Sounds like your carb is messed up. It shouldn't stall with the choke open when warm.

Check your float level and go from there.

What ignition timing are you using? Points? Electroinc ignition?

stumbled on this thread by accident. can it be moved to /6 discussions?
Anyway check the "volume" of fuel being delivered. Had a colapsed rubber line at the sending unit once. Other possible restrictions include fuel filter or fuel line if a hose has deteriorated and left material inside. since it is when braking or decelerating it could be the float level.

Voeltagear
A-Body Enthusiast

-
Back