started my 1965 Barracuda today....

-

Ooh barracuda

Reaction score
Its been a LONG very cold winter here in Boston.
I started my 1965 Barracuda today for the first time in 3+ months.
it started right up and ran perfectly.
can't wait for spring to drive it again!
here are a few pics.....

I love the color combo of white and gold. When I was 10 my dad had a 65 Formula S 4-speed, same color but without the stripe.

i really want to add these wheels i have to the car but they are 4.5 lug and my 14 inch hub caps are perfect and they look good too.... hummmmm

I can relate, the weather here in Mass has been nuts lately. I started my 66 Dart for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. I was hoping with the nice weather today I could get my new/used tires and polished aluminum slot wheels on the car, but the lugs nuts that came in for it were the wrong shank size. Oh well, maybe next weekend. BTW, nice Barracuda. I like the FM converter under the dash. I'm still trying to get the one I have for my Dart working. Do you ever bring the Barracuda to the shows at either Patriot Place in Foxboro, or The Star Drive In in Lakeville?

Paul

Man great looking car.
Those wheels would look good on the car. you'll have to keep looking for some SBP stuff that will fit.

Sharp car. It would look great with those rims.

I have several sets of them and they are original Hurst wheels.
My 1965 looks good with the whitewalls and hub caps but i think the Hurst wheels would look great with the white and gold colors.

Very nice Barracuda Ooh barracuda, I agree the Hurst wheels would look great becouse of the Hurts colors you have, but at the same time the hub caps do look sweet. :cheers:
Oh yes :blob: a very nice fish here :coffee2:

Very nice Barracuda Ooh barracuda, I agree the Hurst wheels would look great becouse of the Hurts colors you have, but at the same time the hub caps do look sweet. :cheers:
Oh yes :blob: a very nice fish here :coffee2:
Yes I know and I also know how rare it is to find 14 inch hub caps and wheels that are perfect and unrestored like the ones on my car. I have tossed around using them for a long time now.......

I agree with all the other posters - very sharp car and great colour combo.
Nice problem to have with the wheels, I'd be glad to have it!

Quite the eclectic collection! Your Barracuda appears to be a non-S 273HP- details? Neat "lid" collection. Looks like a '65 goat rag in the foreground? Nice TA as well.

Quite the eclectic collection! Your Barracuda appears to be a non-S 273HP- details? Neat "lid" collection. Looks like a '65 goat rag in the foreground? Nice TA as well.
you seem to know your cars :)
Yes the Barracuda is a 273 HP car and a non Formula S it is an incredible car that I purchased this past July from a 75 year old guy that owned a body shop. he repainted the car and it is super straight and in great shape all around including the undercarriage.
the "lid collection" has been there for 25+ years. I bought most of them NOS at swap meets to hang in my garage.
The GTO is a one owner all original unrestored tri power 4-speed convertible in unbelievable condition.
The T/A challenger is my wifes car, she has owned it 20+ years now.
we do have a few others, some we have owned 40+ years.

-
Back