starter

-

rm69dart

Reaction score
hey guys,

have a 69 dart with sb installing headers also a starter any part numbers or no the year i can pull a mini starter off of at the junk yard that would fit the dart.

Actually, as bad as some rebuilts are, a junkyard unit COULD be better, if you are lucky enough to find one that was wrecked with low miles

i wouldnt trust an A1 cardone unit or a world industries unit very far. try to find an original denso unit from an 88ish to 99ish v8 or v6 and maybe replace the contacts in the solenoid, plus a good grease job for the ball bearings and gears, especially the plastic retainer for the idler gear rollers. the contacts are mostly the only thing that wears out. if they are not almost burned through, just emery cloth the faces and the plunger disc to clean em up. Maybe emery up the armature where the brushes ride too. Pulled mine from a 97 van with 180,000 and did all of that, been solid for 6 years now. ran it on a 400 and now my 318.

+1 to the junkyard denso. Remans of any part are a crapshoot these days. You can put new contacts in a starter for $20 and then have an oem quality starter. Parts store starter will be needing its warranty sooner or later. My only question is where do you find the starter contacts for the chrysler denso starters. I know that you can get the contacts for the denso that honda and toyota use from a toyota dealer and it way harder to remove the starter than it is to change the contacts.

i get all my parts (regulators, brushed, contacts, plunger assemblies) from a shop here in missoula called auto electric sercive. Larys the man, very nice to deal with, and id be willing to bet hed ship stuff. His prices are very reasonable too. google him, auto electric service, 2602 west broadway.

-
Back