Steel roller rockers??

-

6pkScamp

Reaction score
Looking for steel roller rockers for a set of Indybrock heads. Any options other than aluminum? The Indys have the offset rockers. My thoughts are for street / some strip the steel would be a better option.

Looking for steel roller rockers for a set of Indybrock heads. Any options other than aluminum? The Indys have the offset rockers. My thoughts are for street / some strip the steel would be a better option.
Norris used to make the for W2/5 offset.

May be hard to find.

Check with T&D. That's what I am using on my W2's.

Do they need a offset? Try prwonlinestore.com they have steel and aluminum, maddart used their roller rockers on his 408 build. Was thinking about them for my motor build

Do they need a offset? Try prwonlinestore.com they have steel and aluminum, maddart used their roller rockers on his 408 build. Was thinking about them for my motor build
Yes, they need offset. I didn't see any advertised at PRW or TD.

You'll have to call T&D, they don't seem to advertise them.

Were they steel? And if you don't mind a ball park idea of what the cost was.
Thanks for the info
They are aluminum, unsure if they offer them in steel but if you talked to Steve or Sheldon I wouldn't be surprised if they would make whatever you wanted. The kit I bought was the better part of 1200 dollars.

You do know they use 440 rocker arms and shaft?

http://www.indyheads.com/images/laxmax.pdf
Yes I am aware of that and had Indy's rocker arm set up and pushrods on the car and had a very premature failure of the rocket arm and pushrod, I am only guessing but thinking maybe the adjuster might have been of too soft a material and pounded down which in turn beat the cup of the pushrod off. By the way the engine was built and dyno'd by Indy and had around 60 miles on it. Is a solid roller set up and in my opinion those parts they chose to use just weren't up to snuff. That's why I'm upgrading to better components. Thanks

I have Indybrock heads on my Dart, They use B/RB big block rockers. The Indy rockers that came with the heads did not hold up to the higher spring rates of the roller cam. I broke 4 of them in a short time just driving around on the streets at normal speeds. I bought a set of Hughes big block aluminum roller rockers and have had no problems in 6 years.

I have Indybrock heads on my Dart, They use B/RB big block rockers. The Indy rockers that came with the heads did not hold up to the higher spring rates of the roller cam. I broke 4 of them in a short time just driving around on the streets at normal speeds. I bought a set of Hughes big block aluminum roller rockers and have had no problems in 6 years.
I had the exact same situation happen to me and for now I am running the Hughes rockers and shafts and have in wait a set of T&D rockers that IMM will install when they redo this pile of incompetent **** that I got from Indy.

I've had good luck with the PRW stainless 1.6s on my mild 340. I had to have one single rocker sent to me when I initially bought them because the bronze bushing was messed up when I took them out of their package. Setting them up is also a bit of a pain. Other than that, they've performed great. Just like anything else, you have to look them over really good before you put them to work. Check to make sure the rollers are flush with the valve stem also.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with the PRW stainless 1.6s on my mild 340. I had to have one single rocker sent to me when I initially bought them because the bronze bushing was messed up when I took them out of their package. Setting them up is also a bit of a pain. Other than that, they've performed great. Just like anything else, you have to look them over really good before you put them to work. Check to make sure the rollers are flush of the valve stem also.

Appreciate the heads up

-
Back