steel wheels

-

podgey

Reaction score
gday peeps , i am fitting disc brakes all round on my aussie valiant wagon (65 ap6 ) am looking at the 15 x 7 steel wheels with the 3 lugs so i can keep my hubcaps , can some one tell me what the inside diameter clearance is on these wheels ?

What year car? Most 15 inch wheels have a 4.5" back space. We need more info.

gday peeps , i am fitting disc brakes all round on my aussie valiant wagon (65 ap6 ) am looking at the 15 x 7 steel wheels with the 3 lugs so i can keep my hubcaps , can some one tell me what the inside diameter clearance is on these wheels ?
I would imagine it really depends in which brake system you use and the calipers that are using. The brake kit company should have minimum dimensions for wheels. Unless the kit includes huge rotors and 8 piston calipers, a 15" wheel should work fine.

Are you referring to the nubs that hold your dog dish caps on the rim? If so the three or four nub rims (where the cap grabs on to) will hold em on. The only possible other consideration is if your dog dish caps are 9" or 10".

I have all four police caps on my 15" rims, the front rims have the 3 nubs to hold the caps on as they are 15x5.5" LBP rims and my rears have 4 nubs to hold the caps on and they are 15x7" LBP.

hope this helps or I'm making sense or hopefully answering what I THINK is your actual question. lol :)

Are you referring to the nubs that hold your dog dish caps on the rim? If so the three or four nub rims (where the cap grabs on to) will hold em on. The only possible other consideration is if your dog dish caps are 9" or 10".

I have all four police caps on my 15" rims, the front rims have the 3 nubs to hold the caps on as they are 15x5.5" LBP rims and my rears have 4 nubs to hold the caps on and they are 15x7" LBP.

hope this helps or I'm making sense or hopefully answering what I THINK is your actual question. lol :)
I think he was asking about the inside diameter of the rim for caliper clearance. The hub cap bumps were just to describe the wheels he wants to use. "can some one tell me what the inside diameter clearance is on these wheels ?"

lol I read it wrong then ...isn't the first time and likely wont be the last lol

I can contribute a little tho... My front rims (with the 3 nub dog dish cap) fit the 11.75" disks & calipers from a mid 70's Cordoba. That may help? :)

I run 15 x 7 steelies on my 68. They are date coded early 80's. BTW, the backspace is 4-1/4" on all factory Chrysler15 x 7's. One disadvantage is the weight as they are 24.5 pounds each.

They will accommodate any factory brake system, even the big rotor C-body brakes. If you are using after-market discs, your results may vary.

gday again , the reason i am asking is i will be fitting a modded borg warner m86 disc brake lsd under my 1965 ap6 valiant wagon . the diff is from a ford falcon xr6 turbo and if i can get the internal measurements of the rim i may be able to keep the discs that are on the diff

-
Back