Steering box question

-

downsr

Reaction score
The steering box on my 70 duster has a lot of play.I am looking into where to have it rebuilt and maybe change the ratio.Has anyone went to the different ratio and how do they like it or should just stay with the original ratio.Any info would be appreciated

There is always an upgrade to the Borgeson box with my adapters. Its more expensive than a rebuild but its a nice upgrade over stock. The only way to change the ratio is to add a long pitman which doesn't fit with most mopar exhaust options.

Power or manual?

If it's manual there are different ratio's available. Standard was 24:1, quick ratio is 16:1, and there's a 20:1 available as well. Power is all 16:1, unless you go to the Borgeson set up.

P-S-T.com is now offering factory style manual Mopar steering boxes with 16:1 ratio.

Mine is manual if i change the ratio do i have to change pit man arm.It is a 340 with tti headers

For a manual box the ratio change is internal, the worm gear is different. No change to the pitman arm is needed. Although if you're rebuilding the box I would replace the pitman with a new one of the same style.

-
Back