Steering box swap help?

-

OriginalDart

Reaction score
I remember in my dads old chevelle wagon he had swapped in a steering box from a camaro/firebird. It gave the car much tighter steering and stopped you from having to turn the wheel a million times from left to right.

I'd like to do the same thing to my 69 dart. I'm curious what steering box bolts right in? Suggestions?

Thanks for the links! Besides new ones do you know of any other junk yard swaps that work? I wondering if people pull the boxes from chargers and challengers?

Im thinking about converting my 73 plymouth duster from power steering to manual steering. Its not drag car or anything i just and want to convert it for clearance issues with the headers...any recommendations on ratio rate?

The chances of finding a fast ratio Mopar box in a salvage yard are slim to none. However, If you're dying to look for one, here's how you can tell. Turn the steering wheel all the way one direction. If it takes a little more than three turns all the way to the other side, it's a fast ratio. If it's over 5 turns, it ain't.

Yeah, went from 69 dart box " worn out " to a 76 duster box , found out the pitman arm idler arm center link are needed to make it work and then some , now the toe is in on both sides easy swap it's not .So whats next I don't no .. its a 16:1 ratio 3 turns one way or other .

-
Back