stereo question

-

gpreston57

Reaction score
I heard that two post stereos were still available that will fit my 74 dart. Does anyone know where, and how much?

Ok, I've been where you're at. The last one I knew of was a sanyo. Cassette, of course. It was a $79 P.O.S. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. The other option is the $200+ classic replica type. Never had one. For that price I'm sure they're nice. If it was me, unless you're restoring the car, I would cut the dash. That's what I eventually did. It came out looking nice. Pic of it in photo gallery.

JCWhitney used to have those replica radios, btw.

Ok, I've been where you're at. The last one I knew of was a sanyo. Cassette, of course. It was a $79 P.O.S. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. The other option is the $200+ classic replica type. Never had one. For that price I'm sure they're nice. If it was me, unless you're restoring the car, I would cut the dash. That's what I eventually did. It came out looking nice. Pic of it in photo gallery.

JCWhitney used to have those replica radios, btw.
did you self install? do you need extra support for the rear?

I did have help from a friend but all you need is a Dremel with a cutting wheel. We didn't add any support for the back. The main thing is to remove the plastic bezel and cut it first. Put it back on, slide the din in then make your marks for cutting dash. If you don't feel comfortable doing it I'm sure a car audio shop would do it.

-
Back