stiffer shocks

-

72swinger619

Reaction score
Have a 72 dart slant six and have replaced the front shocks about each two years is there a stiffer or slightly oversized shock with correct ends and travel...maybe something like a dakota or other vehicle that just bolts in. Also I am upgrading to 8 1/4" rear and may add a leaf. So also would like to change rear shocks. Street driven car daily driver may have future track time. If I decide to keep my six and add a turbo or switch to 318 that I have layin around

What brand of shock are you using? A bunch of people here like the KYB Gas-a Just. I put Monroe shocks (from NAPA) on the wife's 73, slant, 4 door, last year. A bit soft for me and I think the at least one front is blown already.

I like Monroe matic gas shocks. I've been driving them for over 30 years on a bodies. I know that I just bought some a couple of years back from Just Suspension. I paid around $90 for a set of all four.

Correction, I put NAPA Response (made by Monroe) shocks on the 73. Not the same as the Monroe matic gas shocks, mentioned by krazykuda.

I have been using monroe gas from kragen I got in when they stillvhad a lifetime warranty but it seems as every year and a half to two there will be one blown the seem cheap maybe ill try kyb gas adjustvi had them on my beetle and they seemed ok

For a well used stock suspension KYB's are good. A bit stiff with a Heavy Duty suspension for me.

For the price I thonk ill go with kyb has anyone here ran koni or qa1 is it worth the price ...I have upgraded. To disc brake spindles and 73 bbj control arms and just want a bit tougher shock than the monroe without breakin the bank so is it confirmed kyb will be more firm

-
Back