Stock Pushrods ?

-

rtee007

Deplorable Texan
Reaction score
360 Magnum crate engine, changed to a Rhodes roller lifters and HS 1.7 Roller Rockers, think there is any need to swap out the stock pushrods? Engine runs good.

I like using stock pushrods wherever I can. I think they are a great fail safe. I would much rather bend a pushrod than a valve. I have torn down a lot of engines with both stock and high dollar pushrods that were over revved. Almost 100% of the time, the engine with stock pushrods only bent pushrods. Almost 100% of the time the engines with good pushrods bent valves.

Course good pushrods certainly have their place. If you're runnin a maxed out solid flat tappet or a roller, but other than that, I like stock ones.

Opinions vary, but that's mine and I'm stickin to it.

I'd have to agree. Although I have essentially no experience with these older engines... In the diesel world most agree that if you aren't turning 4k+ rpms(that's high rpm to us diesel guys lol) and/or with a cam of larger size that it's better to keep the stock pushrods as RRR said to be a fail safe. If they do bend, they do less damage and the damage is much easier and cheaper to repair.

-
Back