Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning fellers, warming up into the 60s today. Wife has me doing some painting in the house, need to finish this last room today.

Some guy named Howard just sent me a cam :)

Not used to rollers.. lobes look ridiculous.
2023-04-07 10.26.06.jpg

I am about to get a Howards Roller for the 351W in the 68 Fairlane. Nice thing is I have a racers discount through the AHRA and Competition Products. They are owned by the same company. (Howards & Competition Products)

I went a little too big on the cam.. but will be fine once i find gears and a converter

I am about to get a Howards Roller for the 351W in the 68 Fairlane. Nice thing is I have a racers discount through the AHRA and Competition Products. They are owned by the same company.
well.. this was $406 which really wasn't a bad price i expect to pay 500+change

yeah... i would have been wrecked.. i imagine it trashed most of the rocker assembly
One side I was there when we pulled the motor and found it. Crazy oil passed on one side only, like a ventury the drill just touched the other hole First time I saw him Really pissed off. Plus the car was just painted baby gloves pulling that one.

One side I was there when we pulled the motor and found it. Crazy oil passed on one side only, like a ventury the drill just touched the other hole First time I saw him Really pissed off.

Yeah, i would have lost my mind.. i don't trust anyone as it is but i expect parts to at least be made properly..

I think they made good on the damaged parts.
Yeah he said they took care of it which is awesome.... The way i see it is bad **** happens.. how a company deals with it matters :)

BTW.. this is the cam i went with.. nothing big but in a little 318 should be nice
Valve Lift Intake:
Valve Lift Exhaust:
Duration Intake:
Duration Exhaust:
Duration at 050 Intake:
Duration at 050 Exhaust:
Lobe Separation:
Intake Centerline:

Yeah he said they took care of it which is awesome.... The way i see it is bad **** happens.. how a company deals with it matters :)

BTW.. this is the cam i went with.. nothing big but in a little 318 should be nice
Valve Lift Intake:
Valve Lift Exhaust:
Duration Intake:
Duration Exhaust:
Duration at 050 Intake:
Duration at 050 Exhaust:
Lobe Separation:
Intake Centerline:
That should be a good one. Make sure you check valve to piston clearance and the retainer to guide/seal clearance at full lift. Most cams are limited to .525 lift without some modifications. What rear gears are you running now?

That should be a good one. Make sure you check valve to piston clearance and the retainer to guide/seal clearance at full lift. Most cams are limited to .525 lift without some modifications. What rear gears are you running now?
right now 2.79 :( I'm hunting for a 3.55-4.10 pig.. but not hunting too hard :) I will probably change that out before the end of summer so i can deal with a little too much cam for a bit. I was going to get the 219/220ish one but meh.. i wanted the 109 LSA so had to go up a step

I'm gonna check clearances btw.. but it's trickflow heads, they are supposed to be setup good to like .620 or soemthing (i would have to look)

Dam to big for mine. If you do do the HF one you need a compressor that will keep up with it. My 5HP I got from tim barely keeps up with mine doing distributors.
Cheap sandblast guns tend to use a lot of air. I swapped mine for a better one and it made a big difference.

So went to visit mom, backed avalanche out and shifted to drive. Nope. Cable fell off again. So its hung up in a foot of snow. Yay!
Will wait until it warms up a little then go move some snow i guess.

-
Back