Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We just cancelled our Vegas trip, damn septic bill too much plus getting our beef this month and haven't paid rancher/butcher, just too much at same time and it's ALL more expensive than it was RECENTLY

Taking the day off to deal with our tree vs. neighbors' fence, tree won clearly

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

It’s getting to the point that I should sell my car to be able to afford tho go to car shows
The price gouging is out of control. I am not for more rules or laws, it just ruins an event.

Side note but semi related. A local rockabilly hot rod weekend show was all about traditional pre 1964 rod rods, greasers, poodle skirts, etc. They got so popular they are now using most of the parking for camping (more $$$). We got my son's hot rod done and drove both there last fall. Show is full, don't care you brought a car, don't care where you park - just somewhere else, $20 per person please. Really, so it is just a party now with the same "friends" cars every year. Nothing new, camping parties, drunks everywhere. Not sure I will go back.

When it becomes about just about the money, it ruins it for me. I think when local hospitalities are gouging for an event, the event should promote ones that don't or move to another location. I know that is very difficult, but then those places get nothing, instead of full book and gouging. Places like Bonneville, well we are screwed - only so many places. Rant done

The price gouging is out of control. I am not for more rules or laws, it just ruins an event.

Side note but semi related. A local rockabilly hot rod weekend show was all about traditional pre 1964 rod rods, greasers, poodle skirts, etc. They got so popular they are now using most of the parking for camping (more $$$). We got my son's hot rod done and drove both there last fall. Show is full, don't care you brought a car, don't care where you park - just somewhere else, $20 per person please. Really, so it is just a party now with the same "friends" cars every year. Nothing new, camping parties, drunks everywhere. Not sure I will go back.

When it becomes about just about the money, it ruins it for me. I think when local hospitalities are gouging for an event, the event should promote ones that don't or move to another location. I know that is very difficult, but then those places get nothing, instead of full book and gouging. Places like Bonneville, well we are screwed - only so many places. Rant done
Everything seems to be going up but nobody's paying me more

The network sure wasn't shy panning their cameras on the "Fire Sirianni" sign a fan was holding up
Dallas is going to need to make a decision as well.

As an aside

You have to like Detroit's chances against Tampa Bay next week. Green Bay at SF, I'm not too confident they can pull a rabbit out of a hat twice

It sucks when there was an event that you used to like and that happens. We used to like to go to Mt. Baker Blues Festival, they stopped putting it on, was getting more expensive but not too bad, dunno why, just know we used to camp for a couple days and listen to good music.

A good weekend completed...

About 1200 miles of driving. Helped my older brother take the front end doors and seats off his Chevelle to prep for paint... helped my younger brother strip a cedar shake roof and built up a bathroom floor.

Killed a very nice bottle of Rye and smoked some cigars

My kind of vacation

I think the chainsaw/tractor/winching hour might be earlier than usual as it's a weekday plus I have a dang dentist appointment at 4 so need to be done with tree and fence repairs. Speaking of pricey crap how about a $75 thimble of flouride treatment, that's a good one, think I might pass on it this time as isn't covered by insurance.

A good weekend completed...

About 1200 miles of driving. Helped my older brother take the front end doors and seats off his Chevelle to prep for paint... helped my younger brother strip a cedar shake roof and built up a bathroom floor.

Killed a very nice bottle of Rye and smoked some cigars

My kind of vacation
So you got that toilet mounted to that roof after all? That's great lol! Saw your pic of rye/cigar, I'll pass on the smoke but the booze looked tasty!

So you got that toilet mounted to that roof after all? That's great lol! Saw your pic of rye/cigar, I'll pass on the smoke but the booze looked tasty!

18th century house... there's not 3 feet of level anything... The planking on the walls and subfloor is amazing. 1 to 2 inch think planks up to 22 inches wide. He rigged up one, large cast iron radiator for heat... keeps it at about 55 degrees....

18th century house... there's not 3 feet of level anything... The planking on the walls and subfloor is amazing. 1 to 2 inch think planks up to 22 inches wide. He rigged up one, large cast iron radiator for heat... keeps it at about 55 degrees....
It's gone from how sturdy can I make to to how cheaply can I make it

It's gone from how sturdy can I make to to how cheaply can I make it
Indeed.

It's always fun trying to decipher what had been done to the house over the years. We were using a photo of the house from the 50s to determine what more modern parts to tear off to get it closer to the original state.

The area is pretty cool... view of the Sakonnet River on Narragansett Bay. The town owns the old manor property that is across the road

Glen Farm | Portsmouth, RI - Official Website

-
Back