Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I know that I didn't check in today. Been busy all day with taxi services. Took the daughter to a doctor's appointment this morning, that was a fiasco and long wait, as most know in America. Anyhow took her to work after that, came home. The wife wanted me to take her to the Vietnamese supermarket which is an hour away in Northern Virginia. So it was about 11:30 a.m. when I got back to the house. I told Chin we will go now and leave there and come back this way by 3:00 p.m. or else the traffic will be horrible. Worked out fairly well, although leaving that area before 3:00 p.m. would have probably been a little better. Those who have traveled the beltway around here and over the Woodrow Wilson bridge will know what I'm talking about. Anyhow, safely at home, with BEER .

I know that I didn't check in today. Been busy all day with taxi services. Took the daughter to a doctor's appointment this morning, that was a fiasco and long wait, as most know in America. Anyhow took her to work after that, came home. The wife wanted me to take her to the Vietnamese supermarket which is an hour away in Northern Virginia. So it was about 11:30 a.m. when I got back to the house. I told Chin we will go now and leave there and come back this way by 3:00 p.m. or else the traffic will be horrible. Worked out fairly well, although leaving that area before 3:00 p.m. would have probably been a little better. Those who have traveled the beltway around here and over the Woodrow Wilson bridge will know what I'm talking about. Anyhow, safely at home, with BEER .
For being retired Mitch you sure stay busy.
Enjoy your much needed beer after a long day my friend. :thumbsup:

For being retired Mitch you sure stay busy.
Enjoy your much needed beer after a long day my friend. :thumbsup:
Agreed, But thankfully, that was my last trip to that location....At least for 4 months.....Wife will drink Bia with me tonight. She Drinks Well... :lol:

Hey. Got message from one of wolfies grandkids. Told me Ray had some kind of procedure. Had a air way inserted. Told me the doctor told him Ray is doing fine. Recovering

Afternoon all. Tapping floating drywall. Picked up my 318 short block on Thursday and dropped of the heads today. A little at a time.

Ain't Skeeered......:thumbsup:
When preparing for long flights I have a very tried and true method. Works every time. Wait till they start boarding then order three crown doubles in succession. Slam them and board the plane. By the time the plane levels off it is perfect timing to order a nice toddy and sip it! Rinse and repeat. Go pee, a little cat nap and ya wake up in a different Country! Could be worse, you could be listening to the hyena laugh of a jump master screaming at you to “chase your luggage boys”! @WV64Signet

When preparing for long flights I have a very tried and true method. Works every time. Wait till they start boarding then order three crown doubles in succession. Slam them and board the plane. By the time the plane levels off it is perfect timing to order a nice toddy and sip it! Rinse and repeat. Go pee, a little cat nap and ya wake up in a different Country! Could be worse, you could be listening to the hyena laugh of a jump master screaming at you to “chase your luggage boys”! @WV64Signet

That's called "Pre- breathing"

:lol:

"Oh Loadmistress.... another round of cocktails if you would"

Screenshot_20240123_190114_Chrome.jpg

That's called "Pre- breathing"

:lol:

"Oh Loadmistress.... another round of cocktails if you would"

View attachment 1716196503

Actually used the term "Loadmistress" once with a female loady on a C-17 lift... she was very well constructed, shall we say.

I could see her processing it and trying to decide if she was offended.

She chose to smile...

We were only there for half the flight anyhow

To explain: The "Loadmaster" is an enlisted person who essentially "owns" the cargo area on the aircraft... what gets on, how it is secured, safety and how it gets off the aircraft...

Last edited:
At least I’d have a parachute

-
Back