Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think the Army Corps of Engineers put a dam in front of this weekend's Atmospheric River. 1/3" yesterday afternoon, not a drop since then, and radar looks clear for hours to come. Yesterday afternoon I get a "Evacuation Warning" from the county :wtf: not for this valley, there are numerous trouble spots down the coast in the really expensive real estate. LOOK OUT OPRAH! The rain is coming for you again! :rolleyes::lol:

I have family in Cheektowaga.................

Ah yes, Cheektowaga, famous for being the most highly taxed town in Western NY.

If they could tax the air in Cheek-ta-vegas they would

Well well well.
Cheektowaga was the home for Buffalo Arms.
Buffalo Arms was created by Houdaille to manufacture aircraft machine guns for the Brits.
At some point after the US got in I think they made other versions and later also produced M1 carbine barrels.
With things winding down in 1945 the production equipment was mothballed or sold and the building and land was sold to AMF.
Not sure when AMF closed that facility. If you guys or your relatives have any info on it, let me know.

I am studying this morning for a sports physiology exam. It is disgusting how much Woke they are forcing down my throat as a student. Complete with character examples of non sports individuals I have zero respect for. The power University curriculum writers have to influence young developing minds is appalling. As a Senior citizen it is tough to digest. I am just trying to learn sports physiology. Apologies for the education rant! @toolmanmike if this seems more political vs education just delete it! Was trying to craft my observation as education not political based!

Never been to Kobers................I would have to ask my Buddy where the one is he goes to all the time, maybe in Bordentown
Montana NJ is in Warren County IIRC. The yard was on top of the hill. Hard to find. A lot of old cars with trees going through 'em. Nothing stacked.

A56 knew it well. Better than me

Last edited:
Shadows from the sun are moving quick, time to get myself moving, looking forward to seeing our last year champ and his 2 team mates get a win at Daytona this evening, go Penske.
On another note, didn't put a wrench in my hand at all yesterday, drove the wife to Popular Bluff for some treasure hunting , she needed to get out of the house she said, so I took care of that :thumbsup:

My find yesterday, put a tiger in your tank, promoting for Esso gas back in the day .

20240217_183039.jpg

Try Klingers in pine grove PA, drawback is you have to pull it. He will stick it on a rack for you.
For the axle shafts that is a ROYAL PIA. Once the hub guts are out. then its attempt to pull the spindle off.
1708266142142.png
It would be a full day for me to run out there and do that, and pray the surface for sealing the inner seal is good.

Well well well.
Cheektowaga was the home for Buffalo Arms.
Buffalo Arms was created by Houdaille to manufacture aircraft machine guns for the Brits.
At some point after the US got in I think they made other versions and later also produced M1 carbine barrels.
With things winding down in 1945 the production equipment was mothballed or sold and the building and land was sold to AMF.
Not sure when AMF closed that facility. If you guys or your relatives have any info on it, let me know.

The highlight of the arrival of the Sears Roebuck or Montgomery Wards catalogs was digging through them to find those M1 Carbines for like $40 :lol:

Shadows from the sun are moving quick, time to get myself moving, looking forward to seeing our last year champ and his 2 team mates get a win at Daytona this evening, go Penske.
On another note, didn't put a wrench in my hand at all yesterday, drove the wife to Popular Bluff for some treasure hunting , she needed to get out of the house she said, so I took care of that :thumbsup:

My find yesterday, put a tiger in your tank, promoting for Esso gas back in the day .

View attachment 1716208616
Or Tiger BEER!

Morning Cuz! Quiet day over here this morning. Grandson and his folks chased squirrels all day yesterday. My boy said it turned out to just be a fun walk in the woods as the grandson climbed every rock and walked every log, and chattered the whole time. He has more to say than any squirrel! Just a great day! We are getting ready to plant about twenty blueberry plants. Goofy pup pulled several up last year that I had pruned. Apparently they posed a threat! Hah!
Sounds like a good day cuz! Best time to romp around the country sides and wooded areas, no ticks or or state bird, the Mosquito :lol:
Or Tiger BEER!
Beer, oh.... tiger stripe beer ?

I’m not a body guy. I have a pair of rear dual antenna for my 59 Fury. Have to cut a 2” x 1” hole in area near window. What is best way to do this without screwing up paint?

I’m not a body guy. I have a pair of rear dual antenna for my 59 Fury. Have to cut a 2” x 1” hole in area near window. What is best way to do this without screwing up paint?
I just use a hole saw and drill slow then touch up the bare metal with a paint brush and Epoxy primer.
Might not be the best way but it works for me. :thumbsup:

If it was me, get a hole style bit, no teeth, just a grinding matt on the hole bit , buy the exact size bit you want, tape over area you want to drill out, measure 3 time, but you know that I am sure, the bit will look like the same thing a carpenter would use on a dead bolt hole, but no teeth, its a grinding looking material. You know what I mean Pete ?

Morning everyone, been on the phone all morning talking to my sister. had a nice chat.

Morning everyone, been on the phone all morning talking to my sister. had a nice chat.
Always good to chat with family, miss it myself and didn't realize it till I seen your post, thank you

I am studying this morning for a sports physiology exam. It is disgusting how much Woke they are forcing down my throat as a student. Complete with character examples of non sports individuals I have zero respect for. The power University curriculum writers have to influence young developing minds is appalling. As a Senior citizen it is tough to digest. I am just trying to learn sports physiology. Apologies for the education rant! @toolmanmike if this seems more political vs education just delete it! Was trying to craft my observation as education not political based!
Some observations on this problem come up in a weekly column from a prof. of education at Univ of Penn. I'll send you a couple. In a way it has nothing to do with political leanings. It has everything to do with teaching and knowing the difference between dialog and dogma. And (my words here) being a part of a group.

Always good to chat with family, miss it myself and didn't realize it till I seen your post, thank you
She needed a bit of cheering up. She has Covid and it hit her bad.
Might have to go to Washington and help her out.

-
Back