Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got mowed around house yesterday. Was getting ready to go do the back now and it is raining. :( Wasn't supposed to start till later afternoon.:BangHead:

The life of a weather forecaster...
1715698632207.png

Well actually it's a little late for me here tonight in Vietnam. It's 10:00 p.m.. all of the guests just left. Party of about 12 people here today or should I say this evening. I would really like it if somebody would explain the game to me before they start to play it. Apparently this thing is in the center of the table, and the points of the hot peppers, after you spin the unit inside of the bowl and cover it up and then open it. Whoever they are pointed to has to guzzle a full mug of beer. I told them it's just a silly game. It's just a twist on the old spin the bottle game..:realcrazy:
PXL_20240514_135318979.jpg
PXL_20240514_135740060.jpg

Morning, back from Dr's office for a checkup. Dogs are telling me time for a walk. Still getting Barracuda dash back together but close.

Yeah i think that guy did it in like 1980-1082...that motor is awesome.. i thought it was a 400 block though
That could have been for racing once they figured out what to do. I knew the guy that engineered them. Gary Ostrich. He did a lot of R&D for Mopar racing. He was a Super stock racer back in the 60's.

383 block 2.jpeg

383 block.jpg

Working on getting the dash back in, hard to get in there with Wookie hands. Get it all hooked up and putting screws in the cluster to secure it to the dash. Look down and didn't notice until then that the dash bezel I bought years ago restored, had been cut for an aftermarket radio strip above the push buttons is missing. My f#*k me moment for the day, took all the wind out of my sails. Had to just walk away. I will finish it up and run it this year. Guess I will have to order a new one for next winter.

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Working on getting the dash back in, hard to get in there with Wookie hands. Get it all hooked up and putting screws in the cluster to secure it to the dash. Look down and didn't notice until then that the dash bezel I bought years ago restored, had been cut for an aftermarket radio strip above the push buttons is missing. My f#*k me moment for the day, took all the wind out of my sails. Had to just walk away. I will finish it up and run it this year. Guess I will have to order a new one for next winter.

View attachment 1716249896

View attachment 1716249897
If you didn't mention it I wouldn't have noticed it. Looks great Dave.

K.. got home, took apart my heater motor, cleaned it (brushes aren't great but i won't be using it much) lubed the bushings put it all back together, nice and quiet now.. spins like new..

Got out my tie rod ends/sleeves.. all the rebuild kit ****.. gonna paint it with cast blast, i love that stuff.. the parts are by some company called "Motoro" hoping they aren't 100% ****.. not sure if i got the kit from dr diff or piratejack..

P.S. oh.. also ran my power different from the battery to the starter.. still using the '62 cable.. much nicer now. Almost ready to put the column in

BTW.. carpenter bee traps work great.. came home today and had a ton in there and didn't see any flying around at all, I spent $50 more on bait and a bug spray that it looks like i won't need, still gonna spray though.

P.S. the traps that look like a little birdhouse

-
Back