Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I take that back, I did apply for a Marketing job this morning

I decided to sign up for a LinkedIn account.. Im not sure why.. I dont think I even filled any of it out.. LOL
I like it and I don't like it. I mean it got me my current job but at least in my area, it doesn't give one an advantage

a43341f40f4a197235d1df44b62b50ed-gif.1715000672.gif

I hope you get a hit on at least a couple of them... Im still waiting to hear from my 2nd interview last week... keeping my fingers crossed.
There's one I really hope to get a call on, it's 2.7 miles from my house and double the pay

Wouldnt that be awesome! I wish you luck man!

If I took this job, I would be giving up my 3.7 mile drive for a 32 mile drive one way, but its 15k more a year.
That's the delema I have with the one I interviews for earlier this evening. Turns my 12 mile drive to 51 miles one way but 11 k more a year

Ugh, tough decision... Well, the way I look at it. Is to way out all the benefits. Time off, insurance benefits, etc... that might make the decision for you.

I turned down a job that paid $5 more an hour because they could not touch my benefits. Overall I would of only been making $200 more a year to take that job..

thats about average then i'd say. I was quoted 1300 for my front buckets to have a custom set of covers made.
All this upholstery talk today reminded me of what it was like when I owned my Custom Auto Upholstery business back in the 80s. The current restoration market is a revival of what was once a thriving business.

Hard to believe I did this complete custom interior on a '56 Caddy resto back then for only $1800. Front and rear seats, door panels, carpet, headliner and visors all custom sewn and installed. Total price including removing all the original stuff and reconditioning and/or replacing trim hardware too...

'56 Caddy interior 3.jpg

All this upholstery talk today reminded me of what it was like when I owned my Custom Auto Upholstery business back in the 80s. The current restoration market is a revival of what was once a thriving business.

Hard to believe I did this complete custom interior on a '56 Caddy resto back then for only $1800. Front and rear seats, door panels, carpet, headliner and visors all custom sewn and installed. Total price including removing all the original stuff and reconditioning and/or replacing trim hardware too...

View attachment 1715020404
Man is there anything you can't make beautiful?!

Thanks guys. Back in the day, I was considered one of the best Auto Upholstery guys in the Philly Tri-state area. I did thousands of vinyl tops, convertible tops, Roadster tops, seat covers, carpets, door panels...the works. I also did a bunch of high-end custom limos and a dozens of custom cars that won awards at the Philly area car shows. That '56 Caddy pulled $60k at the Atlantic City Classic Car Auction in 1993.

I ran the business from '82-'89 before I shut it down and went to work at DuPont Engineering. The Carpal Tunnel damage to my hands had gotten to be too much and the feast-or-famine cycle of the business was killing me. Too much work in the nice weather and nearly nothing during the cold months. It was just eating up too much of my life with no time to enjoy doing much of anything when the weather was nice. I knew I would never last physically doing it all myself and good talent to do the work was nearly impossible to find.

I look back without regret and feel pride in what I did then...and I'm very glad I moved on when I did.

I do however still have dreams of installing vinyl tops. I used to be able to strip one off and replace it in under an hour out the door...all for around $75.

wonder why she didn't get a south paw AR if she shoots south paw?
I have a coworker that shoots south paw. He was pissed when he saw the added cost for the rifle. He ended up buying it, but shoots others as well. He just checks his face position prior to firing.

Interesting history, thanks for sharing. Have you ever picked up the tools and done one or two on the side since then, just for the fun?
I still have most of the tools. That Caddy was one of the last other than a few personal projects or ones for friends. I still know all the tricks though and have applied them on my GTS a bit. My SRT too.

I did this bit of custom red piping on my SRT 2 years ago...

Door trim.jpg

Door trim 1.jpg

Door trim 2.jpg

-
Back