Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
View attachment 1715111876When dual reservoir master cylinders originally made it onto the scene, one of the reservoirs was much larger than the other. This was generally considered the reservoir for the drum brakes due to the sheer volume of fluid needed to push the brake shoes out followed by the return of all that fluid back to the master cylinder. Disc brakes didn’t require the same volume in the reservoir. Today, most master cylinders have the same size reservoir as well as masters sharing the same reservoir. These are still considered dual reservoir systems because the internals are separated front to
This is a quote from a summitt racing page...

The conflicting information is because some of the original systems used a dual stage piston with the one for the rear pushing a larger volume than the one for the front. Almost all newer ones are a single stage piston which pushes the same amount of fluid front and rear, but at different pressures to the wheels as regulated by the proportioning valve.
You think?

I had to laugh, I went inside the house from the garage awhile after posting my pizza comment and my wife said "Hey, when are you ordering the pizza? I'm hungry!"

Yep...pizza is on the way!

I had to laugh, I went inside the house from the garage awhile after posting my pizza comment and my wife said "Hey, when are you ordering the pizza? I'm hungry!"

Yep...pizza is on the way!
Big surprise:rofl:

This is a quote from a summitt racing page...
Well. They're wrong. I'll say that until they show original sources that are better than mine. Second of all, the idea that drums require significantly more volume of fluid is ludicrous if they understood the hydraulics.

Tim - you had the right idea. Keep an eye on it, and you'll be fine. When a correct tandem MC isn't available, the aftermarket sells drum-drum MCs under the drum disk part number. The major change is that they remove the little residule pressure valve. I used one of them from early 1990s until this year when I finally got a big-little like its supposed to. If I wasn't putting it on a road course I would have been less concerned. Doing laps has a reputation for eating through pads.

Well thank you Tim. Its nice to have a place to stop in and chat - at least when I'm around the computer. :)

Tonight's pizza. Extra large, pan crust, extra cheese, mushrooms and sliced meatball...

IMG_0241.JPG

I'm going to go see my Dad tomorrow. I haven't seen him since he moved to his new facility in NJ.

I'm a bit apprehensive since he has been declining so much. I'm a bit nervous that I will be run over emotionally by his current condition. I'm having more than enough emotional load with the work stuff and I'm afraid this will wreck me for a while.

I'm still going regardless, but I wonder how I will fare...

I'm going to go see my Dad tomorrow. I haven't seen him since he moved to his new facility in NJ.

I'm a bit apprehensive since he has been declining so much. I'm a bit nervous that I will be run over emotionally by his current condition. I'm having more than enough emotional load with the work stuff and I'm afraid this will wreck me for a while.

:thumbsup:

Tough thing to do Dave bit something that needs to be done. We are here for you any time you need. Hop all goes well.

-
Back