Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
got a pressure washer?
Yup.

Win!

image.jpeg

morning guys, finally got to move back home from Seattle Can't say as I'll miss living down there, noisies place I ever had to stay.

Their moving me to the transision team for release. Will still have to go back a couple days a week for awhile for labs just to make sure things are moving in the right direction. Now to get some strength back so I can play with the dart.

morning guys, finally got to move back home from Seattle Can't say as I'll miss living down there, noisies place I ever had to stay.

Their moving me to the transision team for release. Will still have to go back a couple days a week for awhile for labs just to make sure things are moving in the right direction. Now to get some strength back so I can play with the dart.
good to see ya! and great to hear good news too!

Dammit. I forgot how to get the CV joint apart. I need YouTube ...
Simple, put 400 HP behind it and let er rip! It will come apart eventually! I think the only thing keeping it together is the boot and where it is installed. remove the boot and it will twist apart.

Simple, put 400 HP behind it and let er rip! It will come apart eventually! I think the only thing keeping it together is the boot and where it is installed. remove the boot and it will twist apart.
negatory.. these things are a PITA - which is why when I did my truck recently, I just bought two complete units... both front axles - new in a box, done.

negatory.. these things are a PITA - which is why when I did my truck recently, I just bought two complete units... both front axles - new in a box, done.
Ditto on full axle. why go through that and the other end could fail next month!

Ditto on full axle. why go through that and the other end could fail next month!
maybe it's because it is a Chevy (sorry to use that word here! LOL) but I was surprised at how inexpensive they were.. it was SO worth it to not have to fight with the old ones.. RockAuto to the rescue!!

If I remember to get CV off Axel there is a clip that needs to be removed, under all that grease. They pop right on but not off. But now that I think about it, last one I did I just held the axle assembly in the air and hit the CV joint with a big hammer and it came off. Took two of us.

maybe it's because it is a Chevy (sorry to use that word here! LOL) but I was surprised at how inexpensive they were.. it was SO worth it to not have to fight with the old ones.. RockAuto to the rescue!!
not sure if joints are even repairable on mine. you can get replacement boots. I think it was $70 for Magnum front axle at advance. of course I use online coupon almost every time, so it was prob 15-20% off.

Crap. Maybe shouldn't have run it with no grease for a year ... Can I blame my depression?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I went with these CARDONE SELECT661430HD{#15185911, 15868123} - Supplied w/Optional Heavy Duty Thermoplastic Outboard Boot - $83.79ea. - plus shipping to my door - talk about a no brainer!

If I remember to get CV off Axel there is a clip that needs to be removed, under all that grease. They pop right on but not off. But now that I think about it, last one I did I just held the axle assembly in the air and hit the CV joint with a big hammer and it came off. Took two of us.
Gallagher would be so proud - :lol:

-
Back