Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Exhaust is loose now. Need to get to two top bellhousing bolts, invisible to the naked eye. Braille would work If a guy could get an arm in there.

522EA2D3-7616-4153-8AFF-8B3B62D8565A.jpeg

Exhaust is loose now. Need to get to two top bellhousing bolts, invisible to the naked eye. Braille would work If a guy could get an arm in there.

View attachment 1715866794

Not exactly like the old competition they used to have at The Bug In shows they used to do in SoCal.
R&R the motor in a Bug in like 45 minutes :lol: Including getting it lit up :lol:

Not exactly like the old competition they used to have at The Bug In shows they used to do in SoCal.
R&R the motor in a Bug in like 45 minutes :lol: Including getting it lit up :lol:
Man, bugs are just simple things.
My buddy has been daily driving his 63' or 64' ragtop bug for a while now, and a few months ago on his way to work, a connecting rod decided it wanted to see the world.
this was friday, and on Saturday he promised his girlfriend they would drive down to the beach. (like 4 hours away) So he got the bug drug home and he pulled the motor, and since his house is like a v-dub graveyard, he picked out a 1500cc of unknown condition and slapped it in his bug. all nighter, and at like 6am saturday morning he fired it up for the FIRST time and went and picked his girlfriend up. made it down there and back with zero issues. he put a little blower on it now and is still driving it totally fine. in total like a 10 hour job and he kept his promise.

View attachment 1715866794
would jacking up the tailhousing of the trans work? like to lever the front of the engine down and get your hand in there? or at least a skinny wrench? If they are rubber mounts, shouldn't they stretch a tiny bit?

Did everyone take a nap?
Not me anyway, took 3 boxes to the drop off for delivery for my wife, set up my drill press and put away my tools from yesterday's welding on passenger fender. Think I will take the Kawasaki for a ride to stretch my legs and dig on some sun sun. I have the laziness hitting me today, think its the sunshine and 60 degree day.

Well I have some good news ish. For a change. I have a job offer in the table. Making 3X current salary, plus per diem for daily travel.

the catch, it’s 3 hrs one way. So only way for it to be feasible is if I rented an apartment nearby to it during the week but I’m not liking that idea.
Trying to negotiate a slightly lower pay for the option to telework since it’s all done via cloud based server anyways.

Well I have some good news ish. For a change. I have a job offer in the table. Making 3X current salary, plus per diem for daily travel.

the catch, it’s 3 hrs one way. So only way for it to be feasible is if I rented an apartment nearby to it during the week but I’m not liking that idea.
Trying to negotiate a slightly lower pay for the option to telework since it’s all done via cloud based server anyways.

Wish you luck on the negotiation!

You only go around once so go with your gut. Good luck, hope you get a good compromise.

Just finished up with the fence guy, quote was 2k to include corner post, 3 new rolls of wire, all new top rail where my alders have smashed the crap out of it. Had to check with the War Department, she said she can make that work budget wise since fence guy is 30 days out. The guy is great, has done some work for me already including building my garden fence. For free he spot repaired the fence where the latest tree took it to the ground. Neighbors have Alpacas, Horses, Goats and Dogs so I appreciated that! Will post some pics of the fence and alder removal area, lots of work needed there.

Evening, nice day here so got some outside work done. Scraped the driveway and worked on the horse barn and hay shed. Hope you get what you need Chris.

Looks like a gold medal show down is eminent between Canada and the US in Woman’s Hockey. What a great rivalry that has become. The games are always classic regardless of outcome.

The Women's game today is where the men were "back in the day" Wish it were still the college kids and not an NHL game. Makes me not watch.

Actually not watching any of it.... but that's neither here nor there.

Hope it's entertaining S-1

I'll be nice....

Nah

Screw you Mitch with your tropical weather, beautiful lady and lifestyles of the rich and famous...:poke:

:rofl:

F$€₩r.

Dude, keep living large man. I love it:thumbsup:
Now at one of our favorite Cafe's. Cafe Lan....
PXL_20220210_023125803._exported_1133_1644460306719.jpg

-
Back