Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got one patch in and the two 3/4” tubes stuffed in for the step, working on the curved part to tie into cab mount. Once i cut cab corner open i will get it in. Pipe clamp helped me dial it in to 90°. Way faster than the other side. See the pile of grinding dust and metal? No wonder the shop gets so dusty.
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0540.jpeg

Do you have part numbers?

Or just a 1973 727?
the part # on the one that won't work is 2466685 which i look it up and it should be fine... unless they used the same part # for all the supports...

I measures my 62 stator support and 1.700" from top to the face the fiber washer rides on... the one that was hitting 1.850 so huge difference.. if anyone has a pump out and is bored please measure that for me :)

Yeah I had the problem on one of my 74 chargers. Guy swapped a transmission into it from a Volare. Ended up being the lock up type. My mistake was ordering the wrong converter from TCI and not realizing it until I filled it full of fluid. They wouldn’t take it back.
Mines not a lockup.. i have no idea what's going on right now..

Got one patch in and the two 3/4” tubes stuffed in for the step, working on the curved part to tie into cab mount. Once i cut cab corner open i will get it in. Pipe clamp helped me dial it in to 90°. Way faster than the other side. See the pile of grinding dust and metal? No wonder the shop gets so dusty.View attachment 1716232913View attachment 1716232914
Nice work. Did you ever fill them with sand and form them?

I think I will just get one of these and make a harness.

View attachment 1716232921

View attachment 1716232922
The hardest thing is the turn signals.... Everything else straight forward....I replaced all three harness on 66 Dart. Under dash under hood and rear. Built from scratch all three. KEEP ALL plastic connectors!!! Re use them. Makes it easy.. Of course a new bulk head connector.... On amazon, you can but 20 ft of auto wire with 10 different colors! So 20 ft red, blaxk, etc.

Last edited:
My son sent me 11 metal signs to put on the old truck and this one was the only one that had an extra made in China sticker on it. I'll make my own before I stick this one on my old truck.

IMG_20240407_143853329.jpg

IMG_20240407_143846279.jpg

I think I will just get one of these and make a harness.

View attachment 1716232921

View attachment 1716232922
If not trying to look original, probably much better way to go.
Wouldn't it be nice if clueless people would never put there hands on a car
Then those that can work on them wouldn't have to spend a day fixing everything that's wrong.
Wouldn't it be nice

View attachment 1716232903

View attachment 1716232906
Yikes! But for a car that old pretty normal to find such rigging. And melted bulkhead and/or fusebox is probably an issue in most Mopars. Especially the amp gauge wire just pulls too much for those connectors. One of the best upgrades you can do is better headlights and run them through relays. keeps that juice outside the firewall.

Yikes! But for a car that old pretty normal to find such rigging. And melted bulkhead and/or fusebox is probably an issue in most Mopars. Especially the amp gauge wire just pulls too much for those connectors. One of the best upgrades you can do is better headlights and run them through relays. keeps that juice outside the firewall.
100 percent agree.....use relays for headlights....

The hardest thing is the turn signals.... Everything else straight forward....I replaced all three harness on 66 Dart. Under dash under hood and rear. Built from scratch all three. KEEP ALL plastic connectors!!! Re use them. Makes it easy.. Of course a new bulk head connector.... On amazon, you can but 20 ft of auto wire with 10 different colors! So 20 ft red, blaxk, etc.
Teach me Master Yoda haha

This is a current shot of the interstate near my place. This shot is approximately about 3 miles from the exit. It’s not an accident or anything just the sheer traffic volume trying to get through the stop lights.

IMG_4092.jpeg

I have crackbacks headlight kit, and the one for the convetable top motor already installed.

This is a current shot of the interstate near my place. This shot is approximately about 3 miles from the exit. It’s not an accident or anything just the sheer traffic volume trying to get through the stop lights.

View attachment 1716232996
The interstate will be open come power tour time, right? The way wolfie and I had to go was interesting at 4AM.

-
Back