Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Think this is my third or fourth. Man I am old! One in NY then HI now PA!

Last edited:
I saw Gary Indiana when I was a kid. I was frickin' amazed at

1712582006400.png

:D:eek::thumbsup:

So I forget who was asking about solar systems a while back. I’ve got a very small one and decided to do an experiment. Friday, I took my deep cycle battery and connected it to a pair of Kc 350,000 candlelight off road lights, left them all all day. Drained the battery until they shut off. Checked with the multimeter, 0.0 volts showing. Completely dead. Hooked it to my solar panels, it will not register on a charge controller. Which confirms the reports ive read from online, solar panels won’t charge a battery at 0 volts. Needs a minimum of 1-2 volts depending on the charge controller

That’s a place I won’t go into with a platoon of Abrams tanks. Indy the second such city.
I was raised in the middle of the Mojave Desert, I didn't get out much :lol: We were returning to Ca after a summer in Brandon Manitoba when my dad was working on a slip-form concrete grain silo, pour concrete 24/7 kinda thing. Got to see a lot of amazing stuff that summer. :D

Think this is my third or fourth. Man I am old! One in NY then HI now PA!
We had a partial eclipse when I was in third grade, only total I’ve seen was in 2017, and then it was only 80 percent and 35 seconds of it. Never seen one list this. Cant wait ! Just hoping the sky’s stay clear as they are now.

I was raised in the middle of the Mojave Desert, I didn't get out much :lol: We were returning to Ca after a summer in Brandon Manitoba when my dad was working on a slip-form concrete grain silo, pour concrete 24/7 kinda thing. Got to see a lot of amazing stuff that summer. :D
Wanna come pour my basement for me haha

Last time that happened it was Scamp Mike. And he was banned to this thread by his wife!
That was a long time ago, i had just joined, wondering if i made the right choice,it was a little crazy then. Or, maybe im just used to it…

So I forget who was asking about solar systems a while back. I’ve got a very small one and decided to do an experiment. Friday, I took my deep cycle battery and connected it to a pair of Kc 350,000 candlelight off road lights, left them all all day. Drained the battery until they shut off. Checked with the multimeter, 0.0 volts showing. Completely dead. Hooked it to my solar panels, it will not register on a charge controller. Which confirms the reports ive read from online, solar panels won’t charge a battery at 0 volts. Needs a minimum of 1-2 volts depending on the charge controller
In my office, there is a restroom. Water holding tank and a 12 volt demand pump. A time-x’d aircraft battery the size like a garden tractor battery. 6”x12” $20 dollar solar panel has kept it charged for years.

Shortly after I retired, I heard about a dam job they would be doing up in Central CA. Couple 100K yards of concrete :eek: . I told the guys at my Union Hall if they saw anything about that job needing a ready mix plant operator to give them my name and I would un-retire to do it.

In my office, there is a restroom. Water holding tank and a 12 volt demand pump. A time-x’d aircraft battery the size like a garden tractor battery. 6”x12” $20 dollar solar panel has kept it charged for years.
No doubt. My panel is 12x18. I think it’s a 20 watt panel. So nothing crazy. But what I’ve been reading is that most charge controllers, won’t charge a fully dead battery as they’re designed to get their own power to even begin to charge from the battery. I just confirmed that over the last couple days. Now I’m charging the battery back up via a trickle charger, once it hits 4 volts, I’m gonna hook the panel back up

I just want to let my mic and scream “oh my God, they’re back “ during the eclipse haha

-
Back