Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Talked to john cope.. told me to put it back together and stop panicking... if i can't find anything wrong nothing is wrong, next time drive it before yanking it out..

Also.. just checked and my converter bolts are 1/32 from the block.. i think the marble noise was them barely kissing it..

All in all though it's ok.. i wanted to replace my flexplate with a good one anyway and ordered better bolts for the converter..

I feel stupid though which i hate.. i'm really not and idiot, for some reason in old age i stress and overthink.. when i was young i barely worried bout **** and everything was fine.. now it seems minor **** is the end of the world.. wtf is this.

Talked to john cope.. told me to put it back together and stop panicking... if i can't find anything wrong nothing is wrong, next time drive it before yanking it out..

Also.. just checked and my converter bolts are 1/32 from the block.. i think the marble noise was them barely kissing it..

All in all though it's ok.. i wanted to replace my flexplate with a good one anyway and ordered better bolts for the converter..

I feel stupid though which i hate.. i'm really not and idiot, for some reason in old age i stress and overthink.. when i was young i barely worried bout **** and everything was fine.. now it seems minor **** is the end of the world.. wtf is this.
Self doubt. All us aging perfectionist get it.

Self doubt. All us aging perfectionist get it.

it's making me nuts... everything i look at i see worst case scenario.. it makes me avoid a lot of **** but also makes me insane.. like cup near the edge of a table..NOPE... all the time, makes me go over kill too..

I should go into risk assessment :)

I like surprises in the mail. I forgot all about these.

20240408_184803.jpg

it's making me nuts... everything i look at i see worst case scenario.. it makes me avoid a lot of **** but also makes me insane.. like cup near the edge of a table..NOPE... all the time, makes me go over kill too..

I should go into risk assessment :)
I look at my Scamp every day and see the flaws I could have fixed and yep drives me nuts, but I couldn't afford to make the paint and bodywork better. I am getting better at just living with it and just drive and enjoy my car.

Hope to see your Duster someday and your sons!
Would be awesome Fred . The boy is in Punta Cana as we speak . What a week , drove his car to Toronto airport , in London Ontario it broke down on the highway , tranny let go. So had to get it towed back to Windsor a 2 hour ride .$$$

So, had my doctor appointment today, sent me for an MRI. In-between appointments we got to see some of the eclipse with the welding helmets I brought. I gave one of the old ones to the nurses and doctors in the parking lot. Here are pics from inside the helmet.

Screenshot_20240408-181540_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240408-181518_Photos.jpg

Here’s the pond I was talking about last night. I took a pair of 2x4s and made a depth gauge. It’s about 75 feet across but at just 8 feet from the edge, it’s 39 inches deep

I got a couple good views of the eclipse. Tried a couple pics, but nothing good. It did get a little dim and cooler in the last couple minutes near peak, but I was expecting it to be nearly dark???

Would be awesome Fred . The boy is in Punta Cana as we speak . What a week , drove his car to Toronto airport , in London Ontario it broke down on the highway , tranny let go. So had to get it towed back to Windsor a 2 hour ride .$$$
**** that sucks. Seems there is always something that breaks down.
Hope it's an easy fix.

Our view of the eclipse was spectacular. Complete coverage, dark but not pitch Black. I thought the best part was when the moon started uncovering the sun it looked like a puddle of hot steel coming from the bottom, very intense. It was better than I had expected.

Our view of the eclipse was spectacular. Complete coverage, dark but not pitch Black. I thought the best part was when the moon started uncovering the sun it looked like a puddle of hot steel coming from the bottom, very intense. It was better than I had expected.
Did you get any pictures???

-
Back