Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yes....several roads closed. I lucked out as I was trying to get home about 7:30 and I encountered 3 down trees but could drive around them in the jeep

Local boys make good over the weekend
Las Vegas Alan Johnson crew chief for Doug Kallita won TF
Brandon "Cheeseburger" Wiley 2nd place in the A Main at Harvick's Place for Fun and The Western Dwarf Car Nationals

Many mornings after I finish my exercising and get so sweaty I will ride the motorbike to cool off. I like to go to the peak of this new bridge which is only about a year old. Just stand there at the wide canal and watch what's going on. Take a look at how low this boat is in the water, especially in the bow. Has a load of silt in it. I see them like this. It's fairly often around here.View attachment 1716236790View attachment 1716236791
That's crazy, I just watched a video on Facebook where they loaded barges with water and sand. Almost to the point of sinking. Hey that's creepy.

It was pretty toasty upstairs last night so I opened the windows upstairs last night. Fresh cool air and I slept like a rock. May be it was because I went for a walk last night.

Morning!
Maybe a bit of rain today. And distractions. A scan on a truck just because.Also Son’s “not my girlfriend” may have a bad wheel bearing, i have to press it for him.
06:00 and some knob is outside revving his shitty sounding engine. Im noticing the new neighbours are pieces of ****. At what point do i need to keep a firearm handy?
We call them every day carry for a reason! Much better to have and not need vs need and not have!

80° today and 100% chance of storms tomorrow. I would like to fertilize the yard but I have some bare spots to reseed. I better get the seed down first. I can weed and feed later when the patches get growing.

I've heard that the weather is pretty nice at my place in Maryland. My tenant actually emailed me the other day and said that she had the yard crew coming in to start stuff if they haven't already done it

I just got curious and looked at the SCTA site to see if these last potent rain events had messed up the schedule at El Mirage Dry Lake. Either they haven't been out to the desert to look or the lake bed is still dry :lol: May 18 & 19 is still on for their opener. I wonder if they have an "Old Fat Guys in Go Kart" division? :lol:

I just got curious and looked at the SCTA site to see if these last potent rain events had messed up the schedule at El Mirage Dry Lake. Either they haven't been out to the desert to look or the lake bed is still dry :lol: May 18 & 19 is still on for their opener. I wonder if they have an "Old Fat Guys in Go Kart" division? :lol:
That seems like a whole different planet when you talk about that stuff.

:rofl::rofl:

elmirage.jpg

I still :BangHead: when I think about all the years I lived 45 minutes away from it and never made it over there to watch. It's in my DNA! I have the trophies my dad won out there in the early 50s.
My dad used to race go-karts when he was in the military. The Air Force to be specific. They would set off sections of the ramps to set up a course. I can't really remember how often he used to race, but I do remember we had a station wagon and he would back up to the course with it and us kids would watch from the back of the station wagon. I also remember them running twin McCulloch chainsaw engines on those carts. He also raced go-karts when we were stationed in Vienna, Austria. They had an amusement park there that they set off space for a course. I still have a box full of all all of his old trophies..

Morning fellers and fellet, nice outside for our walk and horse feeding chores. Wife unit is off today, wants to go into town and then shopping for food.

-
Back