Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
:rofl:

Dubai Grinds to Standstill as Cloud Seeding Worsens Flooding

merlin_180396231_e1dc5d62-750c-4b47-9a12-d256973ab710-articleLarge.jpg

The little Datsun truck we motor swapped had 14" 6 bolt GM truck bolt pattern wheels. We knew that was going to be insufficient after dropping that aluminum V8 Olds in there. Salvage yards to the rescue! Plenty wrecked GM 1/2 tons :lol:

So there may be a slight change in my Power Tour Plans @Mopar Tim . Yes I’m still going, but it’ll likely now be the Jeep making the trek as opposed to my w200. Frames been sanded, primed, painted and cleared. Brakes are done on the front. Doing the rears today. However… tires are issue. The only, I mean only company making a 33x12.5x16.5 is Interco, which means either TSLs or Boggers.

So my plan was to take the 8 lug rims off the 99 Cummins, that has tires that have less than 500 miles on them, run that. Well the problem is while having the same bolt circle and hub centric as the w200, the 99 has 5/8ths studs, the w200 has 1/2s. I’ve tried 7 different types of lug nuts to try and hold them tight, none come close.

Thought about having them drilled out, so I took the rotors and hubs to two different machine shops, both said the same thing, the w200 doesn’t have enough meat to hog out that much safely. And even if they did, they want 350 per hub/rotor/drum. Not worth it.

So then that leaves me with finding new rims. So after checking out multiple different rims and sets listed on Craigslist and Facebook over the last two weeks, finding 16 or 17 inch 8 lug rims with 1/2 inch studs is nearly impossible. Pretty much all of them are drilled for 9/16s or larger.

Which leaves me with ordering new rims. Being how I’m trying to keep the original as factory ordered look, that means American Racing white spokes. They make them in the size and specs I need, but in a 17 or an 18 which is nice as I can find tires. But they’re drop shipped 4-6 weeks best case and then that’s 350 a rim. Plus tires.

So I told my son we may just take the jeep and still do the camp ground thing but have AC during the day. He seemed okay with that idea.

Plan though is continue the thrash on the truck. It’s ready for light body sanding and primer/paint now that the frames done
Chris, my Fargo had wheel bolts. I set it up in my drill press and hogged out the holes to take the wheel studs i wanted to use. Done. No shake and they run true as a 70 year could run.
Im sure its been done before, check ramchargercentral.com
If its been done,someone there has done it.

Ya, got more done on cab corner. Not hapoy with how step turned out, fixable when cab is off.
IMG_0556.jpeg
Then my son stopped by. Brought two Mazda steering knuckles in to replace wheel bearings. So i am very pleased i got to share some knowledge with him. First was driving it apart,and removing inner race. Spinning with a drill and heating race with the torch. 30 seconds and it was off. And the way to get stuck snap rings out. Punch and lube. And two picks to walk them out. Hammer to tap em in, he liked that.

Ya, got more done on cab corner. Not hapoy with how step turned out, fixable when cab is off. View attachment 1716237879Then my son stopped by. Brought two Mazda steering knuckles in to replace wheel bearings. So i am very pleased i got to share some knowledge with him. First was driving it apart,and removing inner race. Spinning with a drill and heating race with the torch. 30 seconds and it was off. And the way to get stuck snap rings out. Punch and lube. And two picks to walk them out. Hammer to tap em in, he liked that.
Nice work Frank, she's looking good.

Got me a big dose of Sublime Sunday while I was in town :lol: 4 days early
Peterbuilt 3 axle with sleeper. Only parts not sublime, chrome, glass, polished aluminum :lol:
Trailer, 40 footer polished stainless with 1' wide accent at top and bottom, sublime.
Whole lotta sublime in one place :lol:

Nice ride!!

How much stud length do You have past the wheel face?
At least 1.5 inches.
Can check with these guys to see if they have the right lug nuts. They seem to have most every combination.

Easy Shopping for Lug Nuts, Wheel Locks, Tires, Wheels | Lug Nut Guys
Thanks but looks like hogging them out is the only possible option.
Chris, my Fargo had wheel bolts. I set it up in my drill press and hogged out the holes to take the wheel studs i wanted to use. Done. No shake and they run true as a 70 year could run.
Im sure its been done before, check ramchargercentral.com
If its been done,someone there has done it.
Thanks

Hanging out for a little bit... dropped off work early. A little tired from last night's up- and- down activities. Hope things are quiet tonight. Tried to sleep with the window open, but that put the dog at DEFCON 4.... closed it up so she could power down and I could try to sleep.

-
Back