Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
My apologies for missing this morning’s weather report. Other stuff on my mind. I hate my crazy family.
My sister is raising a stink over moms estate. Getting a lawyer involved. Thats cool, its going to cost her. And i wont be out a dime. We were waiving executor’s fees. Not now, maxing it out. And demanding moms jewellery back, to be put in the estate. Doesent hurt just her, but the entire family. Bring it on!
The worst comes out in family over inheritance. I'm glad we are finally done with my wife's grandma's estate. Now, her dad is gone and her mom is still with us and there's 4 kids involved, 2 houses and 800+ acres of farmland. And the dummies don't have anything in writing. :BangHead: :BangHead: I have mentioned it to the wife but she isn't paying attention. Bang head again. :BangHead:

I just washed 120 windows. They don't call them panes for nothing. Less than half way done with the dining and living room. Oh, and that's just on the inside. THese are yet to go. (old photo)

20200127_075609.jpg

The worst comes out in family over inheritance. I'm glad we are finally done with my wife's grandma's estate. Now, her dad is gone and her mom is still with us and there's 4 kids involved, 2 houses and 800+ acres of farmland. And the dummies don't have anything in writing. :BangHead: :BangHead: I have mentioned it to the wife but she isn't paying attention. Bang head again. :BangHead:

I have dealt with that **** a lot and i always warn people that when someone dies you will see what people are really like and how greed will make them do bad ****.

Morning!
My apologies for missing this morning’s weather report. Other stuff on my mind. I hate my crazy family.
My sister is raising a stink over moms estate. Getting a lawyer involved. Thats cool, its going to cost her. And i wont be out a dime. We were waiving executor’s fees. Not now, maxing it out. And demanding moms jewellery back, to be put in the estate. Doesent hurt just her, but the entire family. Bring it on!
Family wars are always bitter , had the same problem when my mom passed . Sad !

Family wars are always bitter , had the same problem when my mom passed . Sad !
i'm lucky, in my family my sister deals with all the ****.. when i my dad died she told me to just take everything and the house... when my mom died i told her to take everything.. easy enough.. it's the "friends" and relatives you haven't even heard of in 20 years that show up that's insane

The simple beauty of coming from a dirt poor, migrating with work, uneducated family. I got an old Indian picture when my grandfather passed away that was destined for the burn pile. and I got my eye on an old coffee cup when my Father passes. Neither has a pot to pee in, or a window to throw it out of. Sad, but perhaps a blessing? Oddly enough that has been my life’s focus was to create generational wealth and a basis of education for the family. Trying desperately to break the cycle of no education. I have spent the last 60 plus years making a promise good that I made to myself as a child. I swore an oath my children would never go to bed hungry. And they did not, have not.

The simple beauty of coming from a dirt poor, migrating with work, uneducated family. I got an old Indian picture when my grandfather passed away that was destined for the burn pile. and I got my eye on an old coffee cup when my Father passes. Neither has a pot to pee in, or a window to throw it out of. Sad, but perhaps a blessing? Oddly enough that has been my life’s focus was to create generational wealth and a basis of education for the family. Trying desperately to break the cycle of no education. I have spent the last 60 plus years making a promise good that I made to myself as a child. I swore an oath my children would never go to bed hungry. And they did not, have not.
You're a good father John. :thumbsup:

You're a good father John. :thumbsup:
Same with me dirt poor family. My mom would get into one of her temper tantrums and yell at me I hate you! wish you were never born and to top it off I wish you were dead. I forgive her but a lasting unpleasant memory. Like you I made sure my kids had a better childhood.

I grew up super poor also.. single mom and all that... i just didn't have kids and try to keep myself from being homeless :) Have a hard time spending money no matter how much i have

I grew up super poor also.. single mom and all that... i just didn't have kids and try to keep myself from being homeless :) Have a hard time spending money no matter how much i have
Me too. Mom didn't work and Dad was a hired man at a big hog farm. I was well fed and was always well cared for. They didn't have anything. Mom was on Medicaid towards the end at an assisted living community in town. When she passed there were a few personal items and a little cash between my sister and I. Easy to deal with. Nothing to fight about.

I watch mine grow! SHower then pick up my new glasses, then off to Wally World. Then, back to washing windows.
All those windows reminded me of a job a did many years ago. Bay window that open out. In the summer you remove the glass and install screens. Not a very secure feature.
So I made 12 window guards that looked like window Paynes.
Tedious work, but they looked great installed.
I may still have a picture someplace.

-
Back