Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey everyone. Have I missed anything?
Well let’s see, we got a great new pup, trap shooting kids, a pug with wobbly legs, engines going in from the bottom, some sling strangulation. Crazy hockey games, good coffee, distributor masquerade parties, but other than that I think you are good!

Thanks guys! We hung out with a fellow from the Land Speed forum on Friday. That was awesome. Very smart and talented. Could be a great friendship overall. Took the Demon there. Car worked amazing, but i see my oil leak appears to still be present. Going to habe to look into that more. Grrrr. My boy was over also, had a great time hanging with him. Going to do some welding on the Charger today.

I could have used your help! Switching strong side weak side utilizing cover is always an adventure! Not a single student had ever fired their carbine weak side. It was a hot mess there for a bit. I ended up breaking the transition down by command. Tilt, butt up, over, strong hand forward weak hand back etc. Had to do it by the numbers a few times. I really think you could do a whole day class on sling manipulation. It was a mixed class of single point and dual.

Mix and match creates an instruction challenge. Did any rethink their setup choice after actually having to manipulate their system?

I know I've had times where I've made a macrame belt doing repeated room work... carbine Shotgun... lather rinse repeat.

:lol:

Well let’s see, we got a great new pup, trap shooting kids, a pug with wobbly legs, engines going in from the bottom, some sling strangulation. Crazy hockey games, good coffee, distributor masquerade parties, but other than that I think you are good!
1715517893436.png

1715517588673.png
1715517635502.png
1715517764226.png

Brat in Law and his Buds did some BBQin yesterday at local BBQ Festival :D
Sold a bunch of his Lucky Seven BBQ Rub, handed out 250 Tri Tip Sliders to passers by.
Unfortunately they didn't win any of the competitions :bs_flag:

Mix and match creates an instruction challenge. Did any rethink their setup choice after actually having to manipulate their system?

I know I've had times where I've made a macrame belt doing repeated room work... carbine Shotgun... lather rinse repeat.

It is very difficult teaching when the equipment is a mixed bag, toss in the fact that I had three lefties and my demos became elaborate and mirror images. Thankfully I can do them with either or but holy smokes. It literally doubles the instruction times on demos. And yes nobody left the range setup the way they showed up. I see a lot of carbine folks with their rigs setup for the instagram photo or twitter feed, not set up to actually use. I warned all of them on pistol day in preparation for carbine day to strip em down. Get rid of the microwaves, color tvs, satellite dishes, and whatever else nonsense they had attached to their rifles because once we went in the sling, that thing was gonna hang on their necks all day and we were gonna heat them up. They all shot somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 rounds yesterday afternoon. Great group of folks but they were mentally and physically exhausted. It was hot, I had to give the grab a root and growl speech at around 1400 hrs on second day as several had dropped into survival mode and were not as attentive as I might have liked. They were hot tired and sweaty. Starting to struggle with cognitive overload. Good times!

I warned all of them on pistol day in preparation for carbine day to strip em down. Get rid of the microwaves, color tvs, satellite dishes, and whatever else nonsense they had attached to their rifles because once we went in the sling, that thing was gonna hang on their necks all day and we were gonna heat them up.

Woke up at 0130 went outside and turned off shop lights, couldn't see anything on Northern horizon but with cellphone it was lit up only on Northern Horizon so took a couple pics. This morning need to check my live trap in the pump house.

IMG_1649.jpeg

IMG_1656.jpeg

-
Back