Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
ANother reason not to have a big garden for me. Andy's lot is 300' deep and the garden is in the back. I have to haul water.

Beautiful morning. Temps in the mid 60's. Barely a breeze and the sun is shining.

Mine is a small fraction of what I used to do. At one time it was further down back. I think it was around 25 x 40ft and fenced. Now closer to the house. Probably will be 10x10 or less. Critters didn't do much damage last year, so hopefully I do OK without a fence again. I did put bird netting on the blueberries already.
10 x10 is a nice size to handle but I'm not real good at figuring out the difference between a weed and a veggie plant. :BangHead:
I have a small patch of strawberries and that's enough for this year.

Rain shower going on right now, guess I'll have to drink another couple cups of coffee, supposed to stop at 0800 then sunny and 57 for a high, I'll take it

1716127105506.png

Good stuff new to me discovery just what I need another decision to make every morning :lol:

Wife wants one, I'm on the fence honestly, wondering about browning of things, kinda like that as a part of the cooking process
I have a Emeril one. It is more like a toaster oven and doesn't work too bad but I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

10 x10 is a nice size to handle but I'm not real good at figuring out the difference between a weed and a veggie plant. :BangHead:
I have a small patch of strawberries and that's enough for this year.
I think the the only way to learn is observation.
Keeping it real neat and orderly helps too. I didn't do that this year.
There's lettuce, raddishes, peas, carrots from last fall, some greens going to seed, and hakuri turnips that are also going to seed for reasons I don't know.
nasturtium is growing too - that will cover the old compost pile.
Looking as it does somewhat somewhat annoys the neighbor whose yard it is - which is somewhat ironic considering what it looked like when I asked about using it. I put in alot of wildflowers into the surrounding beds to crowd out the weeds. My theory is let nature do 90% of the work.
1716128369310.png

ANother reason not to have a big garden for me. Andy's lot is 300' deep and the garden is in the back. I have to haul water.
That's why I moved it closer to the house. Can reach with the water hose if needed. Plus it's not as much critter traffic. Some rabbits and ground hogs still, but deer rarely come up that far.

That's why I moved it closer to the house. Can reach with the water hose if needed. Plus it's not as much critter traffic. Some rabbits and ground hogs still, but deer rarely come up that far.
I put up a 3' fence last year. Not tall enough to keep the critters out though. Either the rabbits jumped the fence or deer were having supper on my tab. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

I certainly don't want to add much to my outside work. No shortage of to-do list. Going to mow around the house shortly. Just letting it dry out a bit. Might get the chainsaw out later. Been nipping away at the roots on this stump. Ready to get serious on it. LOL Want to knock the top down before I remove any more dirt or I will need a ladder to cut it. From lower ground level it's gotta be 8 foot tall. I want to save the trumpet vine behind it. So will eventually end up with just that on a mound.

IMG_7502.jpeg

I certainly don't want to add much to my outside work. No shortage of to-do list. Going to mow around the house shortly. Just letting it dry out a bit. Might get the chainsaw out later. Been nipping away at the roots on this stump. Ready to get serious on it. LOL Want to knock the top down before I remove any more dirt or I will need a ladder to cut it. From lower ground level it's gotta be 8 foot tall. I want to save the trumpet vine behind it. So will eventually end up with just that on a mound.

View attachment 1716251624
That looks like work for sure, neighbor is tackling one like that, even pressure washed it and is burning it slowly, roots and all

That looks like work for sure, neighbor is tackling one like that, even pressure washed it and is burning it slowly, roots and all
Burning would kill the Trumpet vine, so can't go that route. I'm not worried about getting all of it. Just enough to landscape whats left. The rest can rot out.

I think the the only way to learn is observation.
Keeping it real neat and orderly helps too. I didn't do that this year.
There's lettuce, raddishes, peas, carrots from last fall, some greens going to seed, and hakuri turnips that are also going to seed for reasons I don't know.
nasturtium is growing too - that will cover the old compost pile.
Looking as it does somewhat somewhat annoys the neighbor whose yard it is - which is somewhat ironic considering what it looked like when I asked about using it. I put in alot of wildflowers into the surrounding beds to crowd out the weeds. My theory is let nature do 90% of the work.
View attachment 1716251620
Nice garden Matt.

Neighbors are having a garden 'built'. Not him doing the work. Nice, but not a real professional job,so thinking maybe a friend or relative.

IMG_7501.jpeg

-
Back